Member Code of Conduct and Complaint Resolution and Disciplinary Process
The Canadian Renewable Energy Association works to enhance and promote the welfare of the Canadian wind energy, solar energy, and energy storage industries.
The Member Code of Conduct outlines the standards that Members of the Canadian Renewable Energy Association are required to abide by when interacting with:
- The Public – including potential and actual customers;
- The Industry – including customers, companies and organizations involved in the wind energy, solar energy, and energy storage sectors; and
- The Association – including employees, directors, partners, and representatives of the Association.
Click here to learn more about the Canadian Renewable Energy Association Member Code of Conduct
The Canadian Renewable Energy Association has also developed a Complaint Resolution and Disciplinary Process that provides a consistent way to:
- Allow a Complainant to raise their Complaint with the Association.
- Determine the facts in an investigation of a Complaint.
- Provide Members with an opportunity to respond to and, if applicable, work through the issues and concerns comprising the Complaint to the mutual satisfaction of both the Complainant and the Member.
- Determine appropriate outcomes in resolving any conflicting interest in the resolution of a Complaint.
Members who violate the Member Code of Conduct may be disciplined by the Association. Per the Canadian Renewable Energy Association Bylaws, the Association Board may expel, suspend or reprimand a Member for engaging in activities that violate any provision of the articles, bylaws, or written policies of the Association; or any conduct which may be detrimental to the Association as determined by the Board in its sole discretion.
Anyone may file a Complaint requesting an investigation where a potential or alleged compliance issue has been identified or alleged. A written submission of a Complaint must be received from the Complainant in order to initiate an investigation of a Member and resolve the Complaint.
For more information or to inquire further please email email@example.com.