Our purpose is sustaining energy and water for life, and it is demonstrated in everything we do as a business, and as an employee team.
At Liberty, we hire passionate people who care about doing the right thing for our customers. We are entrepreneurial, creative, and outcome-focused. Here, your natural talent and achievements will flourish in an inclusive environment of teamwork, trust and continuous learning. We are always pursuing excellence to exceed our ambitions goals, rewarding both the goal outcome and how we achieve it.
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. is a growing renewable energy and utility company with over $15 billion of assets across North America and internationally.
For more than 30 years, Algonquin has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to delivering clean energy and water solutions. Our rapid growth has led both our regulated utility services and renewable energy business groups into different geographies and commodities, but our purpose remains unchanged – Sustaining Energy and Water for Life.
Through our operating business (Liberty), we provide regulated electricity, water, and natural gas utility services to over 1 million customer connections, primarily in North America. And, our growing portfolio of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and thermal power generation facilities represent over 3 GW of renewable generation capacity in operation and under construction.
With our robust, diversified, and growing presence in communities across North America and internationally, we are continually demonstrating our “Think Global, Act Local” business model.
This position is responsible for providing cost, schedule and process adherence coordination and support for operational projects within the Operations Engineering team for Liberty Renewables energy assets.
- Responsible for, and coordinates Project Budget Planning, Project Approval and Project Initiation Processes (Capex & Opex).
- Preparation of project cost reports, accruals forecasts, and project variance analysis / reporting.
- Monitoring of adherence to Project Management processes, tools and templates including providing user support and process improvement.
- Assist with preparation, updating, and maintenance of various project documents including business cases, project justification summaries, project charters, project plans, project status reports, tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines, project schedules, technical memos, requests for information, project completion reports, etc.
- Support project status reporting, and if necessary, development of project recovery plans.
- Prepare, edit, format and quality control of project documents
- Review and verify vendor change orders, invoices, and contract / payment terms.
- Support preparation of financial work order requests, vendor set-up forms, purchase order requisitions, and invoice review and processing.
- Collaborate with other departments and document originators/contributors to finalize documents.
- Document coordination and control including retrieving, distributing, filing and archiving of historical and new documents (reports, drawings, equipment manuals, maintenance records, etc.) in proper locations for LPCo generation assets.
- Organize, attend and document meeting minutes for various project and team meetings. Coordinate and track action items for follow-up.
- Proactive in maintaining and improving document templates, formatting and proofreading documents, organization of documents, archiving of documents.
- Assist with preparation, updating, and maintenance of various team administrative documents including project/task trackers, resource forecasts, issues logs, etc.
Education and Experience
- Experienced Project Planner, Cost Controller or Project Coordinator.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma or equivalent education / experience.
- Power generation industry experience desirable.
- Knowledge of PMI standards and practices.
- Excellent working knowledge in Microsoft 365.
- Experience with MS Power BI, Excel including VBA, and MS Project is desirable.
- SAP Ariba experience desirable.
- Strong proofreading/grammar skills for technical documents.
- Knowledge and experience with document management systems (e.g. SharePoint), procedures, filing systems.
- Supports our core values care, quality and efficiency.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills that values communication, collaboration and coordination.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexible in work assignments and priorities and undertake other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to learn and utilize new software as required with the support of training as needed.
- Ability to succeed in LPCo provided safety training.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to rent vehicles on the corporate account.
- French/English bilingual is an asset but not a requirement
What we offer
- Company funded Pension program
- Full insurance benefits (health/dental/vision/life)
- Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
- Share purchase/match plan
- Defined Contribution savings plan
- Top Talent Program
- Volunteer paid days off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Achievement fund
- Free parking, including free electrical charging
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.