Our purpose is sustaining energy and water for life, and it is demonstrated in everything we do as a business, and as an employee team.
At Liberty, we hire passionate people who care about doing the right thing for our customers. We are entrepreneurial, creative, and outcome-focused. Here, your natural talent and achievements will flourish in an inclusive environment of teamwork, trust and continuous learning. We are always pursuing excellence to exceed our ambitions goals, rewarding both the goal outcome and how we achieve it.
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. is a growing renewable energy and utility company with over $15 billion of assets across North America and internationally.
For more than 30 years, Algonquin has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to delivering clean energy and water solutions. Our rapid growth has led both our regulated utility services and renewable energy business groups into different geographies and commodities, but our purpose remains unchanged – Sustaining Energy and Water for Life.
Through our operating business (Liberty), we provide regulated electricity, water, and natural gas utility services to over 1 million customer connections, primarily in North America. And, our growing portfolio of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and thermal power generation facilities represent over 3 GW of renewable generation capacity in operation and under construction.
With our robust, diversified, and growing presence in communities across North America and internationally, we are continually demonstrating our “Think Global, Act Local” business model.
The CMMS planner/scheduler will be the designated CMMS Superuser supporting Field Techs in setting up and using the CMMS system, as well as guiding, educating and supporting the development and optimization of CMMS for all facilities (Wind, Solar, Hydro, Thermal).
The planner/scheduler will also support the Ops organization in executing maintenance activities, as well as ensure conformance of operational, and maintenance/retrofit/upgrade activities, adhering to Liberty’s processes, procedures, work instructions, standards, and other systems, for our Unregulated Renewable Energy Assets in North America.
The planner will also support the development and deployment of RCM based maintenance systems, as well as help develop overall in-house maintenance competency. This position supports the Maintenance-Engineering Manager in setting divisional maintenance and quality goals, resulting in the reduction of maintenance and quality incidents including overall maintenance costs reductions.
- Support the development, optimization, and deployment of existing and/or new Maintenance Strategies, Plans, Procedures, QA/QC expectations, standards, and initiatives related to Operations, Engineering, and ongoing Sustaining-CAPEX projects at all LPCo facilities.
- Works as an effective member of the Maintenance-Engineering team while providing guidance, direction and coaching to Operations personnel in response to Operations issues
- Communicates closely with Operations, Regulatory & Compliance, Engineering, Asset Strategy and other internal stakeholders as well as external partners Contractors and Service Providers
- Analyzes and interprets Maintenance-related data & metrics, and prepares and presents performance reports, including summarizing methods employed and results obtained.
- Supports the goal of ensuring that maintenance and project activity (performed by LPCo or contractors) complies with internal processes, procedures, standards and applicable external / regulatory rules and regulations.
- Supports project planning for projects related to Maintenance and Quality Initiatives including preparing; (1) scope of work definition, (2) budget estimating, and (3) project scheduling for the purpose of project justification and obtaining project approval, including revisions as required.
- Able to react to changes in work assignments and priority and undertake all other tasks as assigned.
- Treats worker and public safety as paramount and operates in compliance with environmental and other regulatory requirements.
Education and Experience
- Must have experience in Maintenance Management, SAP CMMS or other equivalent maintenance systems.
- Experienced in power (renewables) generation and operations with preference in Wind and Solar, followed by Hydro & Thermal
- Technical understanding of (Renewable) Energy producing equipment
- Working knowledge of Mechanical (Electrical) components and systems used in generation, including but not limited to: Generators, turbines, bearings, hydraulic systems and Structural integrity, familiarity with computerized DAS/SCADA/Monitoring systems, power system equipment including medium to high voltage and Protection & Control.
- Must have a high aptitude for technical learning and information assimilation, noting there is not an expectation that the individual will be an expert in all areas of power generation utilized by Liberty but that they will be able to develop the expertise when required.
- Must have strong communication skills for sharing and transferring expertise to a cross functional team, as well as communicating monthly KPI/Measurements of CMMS effectiveness.
- Strong analytical and technical as well as problem-solving skills.
- Must be disciplined, able and capable to fulfill job requirements with minimum supervision and with often challenging performance expectations and measures.
- Must have a basic understanding of worker and public safety issues and environmental regulations.
- Must have the ability to succeed in Algonquin provided safety training including practical and tabletop training.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and the ability to rent vehicles on the corporate account.
- Must be able and flexible to travel within Canada, and the United States.
What we offer
- Company funded Pension program
- 401k with Company match
- Full insurance benefits (health/dental/vision/life)
- Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
- Share purchase/match plan
- Defined Contribution savings plan
- Top Talent Program
- Volunteer paid days off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Achievement fund
- Free parking, including free electrical charging
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.