Title of the Position:
Regional Driver and Strategic Manager, Renewables Energy – Americas
NOC: 0112 Human Resources Managers
This professional will lead the start-up of Brunel’s Renewables/Clean Energy vertical in Canada and also will spearhead a regional leadership role within the Renewable Energy team in the Americas. Champion the central values of the organization and be an ambassador for the company across the region. Direct report: Country Manager
- Lead and direct Brunel’s strategy within the Renewables/Clean Energy sector, providing leadership in shaping, optimizing, and unlocking the value that our services portfolio offers to our clients and contributing to the sustainable growth of the renewables/clean energy industry
- Facilitate and coordinate with both the Local and Regional teams on forecasting and planning requirements for the Renewables/Clean Energy business
- Accountable for all aspects of the building the business development infrastructure from the ground-up, driving long-term growth and profitability.
- Execute critical business initiatives to support Brunel’s business growth and annual sales objectives
- Provide direction to identify strengths, critical issues and areas of risks/exposure in the execution of projects
- Responsible for expanding the business, hiring and training the team that will work on the new renewables vertical within the Americas region.
- Promote a continuous learning environment and champion the development of skills, knowledge, and expertise across the business development team in the Americas
- Accountable for leveraging industry knowledge to create effective partnerships and mutually beneficial business arrangements to develop new business within the Renewables industry in Canada
- Ability and experience to build the business in this area through identifying and recruiting a team to support the expansion of the Business
- Organize renewables related training to the team on an ongoing basis, including new staff onboarding
Terms of Employment: Three Year Position. Full time work at 40 hours per week.
Language of Employment: English will be the primary language. Candidate will also use Spanish and Portuguese regularly for this role.
Wage: Base salary of $108,100 – $145,100 (CAD) per year. In additional to base salary, the candidate will be eligible for: RPO Commission of 3.5%, and a full BD commission for first two placements where a client is acquired for a colleague in a non-renewables sector; and one-year incentives (12 months from start date) as follows: $500 bonus for first new perm client signed with placement; $500 bonus for first new contract client signed with placement; $1,000 bonus for RPO signed in year one; $2,500 bonus for first client signed and billed in 1st quarter; and $5,000 bonus for 7 new clients signed in year one with a placement.
Benefits Package: Eligibility for the company’s group insurance benefits; monthly fitness allowance of $750 CAD (pre-tax) from date of hire; expense up to $200 CAD monthly for cellphone from date of hire; and group RRSP plan after completion of the probationary period. Contributions will be matched at a maximum of $2,000 CAD per annum.
Vacation: Candidate entitled to three weeks of vacation per year (pro-rated in the first year of employment) in addition to Alberta statutory holidays and four weeks per year for second and third year of employment with Brunel.
Location: Calgary, Alberta. Address: Bow Valley Square 4, Suite 1410, 250-6th Avenue SW T2P 3H7 Calgary. Candiate also be required to travel to our other offices throughout Canada and visit client sites from time to time as needed.
Work Experience – Requirements
- Minimum of 10 years of business development experience in the Global HR Advisory industry
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in project and stakeholder management for high- magnitude and complex projects within the Americas
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an entrepreneurial setting
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in the recruitment/ HR advisory sector of the Natural Resources/Clean Energy Industry
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Recruitment Process Outsourcing, Contracting, Training and Development programs within the Americas region
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in writing RPO, Contracting and Recruitment tender proposals for the Natural Resources, Renewables/Clean Energy
- Minimum of 4 years of experience developing strategic Human Resources Operation Readiness Plans within the Natural Resources and Renewables/Clean Energy
- Proven track record of successful expansion of the business within a greenfield territory within the Americas
- Experience in start-up operations within the Global Recruitment field, including workforce planning, Human Resources Operational Readiness, Workforce Competence Assessments
- Evidence of results designing customized Recruitment Process Outsourcing solutions for the Natural Resources, Renewables/Clean Energy industry including competence assessments within local communities in the Americas
- A strategic thinking leader with ability to manage and lead enterprises in the field developing multiple Human Capital solutions including workforce planning and hybrid recruitment model: contracting and permanent recruitment for projects in the Americas regions
- Innovative self-starter with vision and savvy operating in a start-up type environment
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue targets and successful business expansion in multiple countries
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver customized, executive-level presentations
- Ability to lead through influence in a cross-functional and multicultural environment
- Experience in providing Consultative Sales and Recruitment Enablement for consultants
- Track record of winning mid and large-scale enterprise clients within the Natural Resources Industry
- Ability to take initiative, be innovative and work well cross-functionally
- Must have outstanding business acumen, complex decision making skills and strong representation supporting the positioning of Brunel as a partner of choice for the Renewables/Clean Energy industry
- Must possess ability to: supervise staff; manage a budget; work in a fast- paced environment and under pressure; handle a large caseload/workload
- Must also have: attention to detail; excellent written and oral communication; team player skills and be organized and flexible with good judgment skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, commerce, psychology or another area related personnel Management. Foreign equivalent accepted.
- Languages required: English
- Additional essential languages: Spanish, and Portuguese.
Contact Information: Katie Bozant, Sr. HR Generalist
Phone: + 281 564 2857
Cell Phone: +1 281 917 1072
Email Address: email@example.com
Fax Number: 346-326-1812
Bow Valley Square 4, Suite 1410
250-6th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3H7