February 15 & 16, 2022
Delta Hotels Toronto Airport & Conference Centre
Canada’s renewable energy industry stands on the shoulders of the individuals who construct, operate and supply our country’s expanding fleet of wind, solar, and energy storage assets. CanREA’s Operations Summit 2022 offers unmatched learning opportunities and connection points for this community. Live and in-person in Toronto, this two-day event features expert speakers, innovative forums and specialized sessions addressing highly technical operations topics and complex human factors. The high-calibre program is enhanced by coordinated networking opportunities, with ample space and time allocated for mingling and chatting face-to-face. Choose one program stream to follow, mix and match, or find your spot on this year’s expanded show floor. Take part in the nuts and bolts of Canada’s energy transition at Canada’s largest wind, solar and energy storage operations event.
Sponsorship opportunities – stand out from the crowd
Sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities are now available for the Operations Summit. Please contact Julie Mair, CanREA’s Membership and Business Development Manager, to discuss interesting ways you can stand out from the crowd as a sponsor and showcase your company as a leader in the industry.
If you would like to exhibit at the event, please consult the Exhibit Floor Plan.
Health and Safety
CanREA places the highest importance on health and safety. CanREA events follow, at a minimum, the relevant COVID-19 public health guidelines determined by the jurisdiction where the event is being held. CanREA is committed to taking the precautions necessary to ensure our in-person events provide a safe environment for all, including attendees, participants, vendors and employees. Detailed information about the COVID-19 measures in place for this event will be available on the event-registration webpage.
Call for abstracts: CanREA Operations Summit 2022
CanREA invites renewable-energy operations experts across industry and academia to submit ideas for the 2022 Operations Summit program, starting August 31, 2021.
Canada’s largest wind, solar and energy-storage operations event will take place live and in-person in Toronto, February 15 and 16, 2022.
There are three distinct program streams: technical; people, logistics and environment; and posters. Details on each stream can be found below.
Please select the program stream, category and topic that best suits your presentation idea, then make a compelling case for why your presentation would make an important contribution to the event and whom you plan to target.
CanREA is looking for unique ideas that come from a place of experience and knowledge. Tell us about your hands-on approach to technical issues, development of advanced concepts in renewable energy operations, or leading approaches to human factors, supply chains and environmental activities, placing your ideas at the leading edge of industry know-how.
- Abstracts should be 200-250 words in length.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically using the abstract submission form.
- Abstracts must be submitted before the deadline of Thursday, September 30, 2021.
- During the selection process, CanREA members in good standing will be prioritized over non-members.
- Notification of Acceptance will be completed by the end of November 2021.
Why you should present at the 2022 CanREA Operations Summit
Presenters will have an opportunity to share their experience and expertise with peers and colleagues, and to “talk shop” with owners, operators and manufacturers, people who are keenly interested in facing the challenges being addressed.
Other benefits include:
- Meet and network with industry peers
- Demonstrate professional credibility and share your knowledge
- Learn from others; discuss topics of common interest and concern
- Grow your network, establish new contacts and identify new business opportunities
- Showcase your organization’s accomplishments
For the Operations Summit Technical Stream, we are looking for engaging speakers to share the latest technologies and strategies in operations and maintenance (O&M) and research and development (R&D) as well as other unique challenges and opportunities in this space. Potential topics include:
Wind Energy O&M
- Life extension
- Structural components
- Data, SCADA, CM, software
- Strategies and contracts
Solar PV O&M
- PV modules, inspection, replacement, cleaning
- Vegetation management, ecology, biodiversity
- Solar resource forecasting
- Warranty, operational matrix for wind, solar, storage
Battery Energy Storage O&M
- Performance monitoring
- Service contracts
- Operational strategies for life extension
Hybrid Facilities and Grid Integration
- Operational strategies for hybrid sites
- Practicalities of ancillary service provision
- Operation in regions with high levels of renewable-energy integration
Research and Development
- Optimization of operating assets
- New power generator models and retrofit technologies
- New tools and data technologies
- Off-grid communities
- Cyber security
- Extreme weather operations
People, Logistics, and Environment Stream
For the People, Logistics and Environment Stream, we are looking for dynamic and compelling presentations that demonstrate opportunities for greater safety, efficiency, and profitability in these fields. The renewable-energy sector is set for rapid expansion throughout the energy transition. People, supply chains and the environment interact in a complex network of activity that must be prioritized and optimized in this time of growth.
The health of people, flora and fauna, in the places where they work and live, is a priority for attendees seeking better ways to build and operate renewable-energy assets for a more sustainable society. Potential topics include:
Health and Safety
- Human factors and performance
- Ergonomics, posture, manual material handling, repetitive motions
- Mental health
- Post-pandemic priorities
- Onboarding efficiency and maintaining safety
- Skilled trades and occupation standardization
- Working at remote sites
- Diverse skill sets (wind, solar, storage)
- Logistics and transportation
- Environmental impacts
- Supply chain and availability
- Post construction monitoring and mitigation measures
Decommissioning, Repowering, and Recycling
- Data collection, life assessment, and decision making for the operator
- Sustainability, land reclamation, and the circular economy
Poster sessions will augment the Operations Summit in new and creative ways. We are looking for posters that effectively communicate actual research and development work in the renewable-energy space. We want to hear about innovative and forward-looking ideas that could shape Canada’s solar, wind and energy-storage landscape in the years to come. Potential topics include:
- New and optimized technologies from the component level to full systems and specialized tools are of high interest.
- In addition, concepts that tackle site-wide dynamics and solve optimization problems across fleets of power generation and storage devices are sought after.
- Bringing R&D into the Canadian context is particularly important as we strive to keep pace with the rapid advancements in renewable energy that are happening around the world.