Interested in leading the transition to a clean energy future in Canada? We have an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and growing team, working on the delivery of utility-scale renewable energy projects across the country.
Capstone is seeking a Project Manager to play a key role in its project execution team. The role of the Project Manager is to plan and manage all aspects of renewable energy projects from the late stages of development, through construction and handover to operations. This role will be based in Capstone’s Toronto office and will require some travel to project sites across Canada.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in the infrastructure sector, and particularly in renewable energy projects.
- Direct and manage project teams including direct staff, consultants, contractors and other third parties.
- Develop full-scale project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Oversee and manage contract procurement, negotiations, and all commercial aspects of projects.
- Liaise with owner’s engineer and site representatives to ensure project delivery with a high regard for safety, quality, and the environment.
- Coach and mentor project team members and ensure continual career and growth opportunities for all employees.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships in industry.
- Liaise with the development and operations teams to ensure successful interfaces between the development, construction and operations phases.
- Effectively manage change and conflicts as they arise on projects.
- Define project scopes, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and key stakeholders.
- Be able to travel for project meetings with contractors, stakeholders, utilities and permitting agencies as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree: engineering, science or construction management preferred. Alternate combination of suitable education and work experience will be considered.
- Minimum 5 years of renewable energy experience in the Canadian marketplace is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years project management experience on construction projects with budgets of at least $10 million, with a track record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated project management capabilities (budgeting, scheduling, reporting, etc). PMP or other project management credentials considered an asset.
- Proven track record of stakeholder engagement (utilities, landowners, First Nations, members of the public).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively lead a team.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated work-ethic and willingness to learn.
What Capstone Offers
- Competitive compensation, bonus & benefits package.
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines.
- Innovative, fast paced environment surrounded by a highly motivated team that will assist in developing your skills and enabling success in your career.
- A team oriented and fun group of professionals.
Please note that while we appreciate all applications, only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Who is Capstone?
Capstone Infrastructure Corporation (“Capstone”) is a publicly listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (“TSX”), wholly owned by iCON Infrastructure Partners, a UK-based private investment firm. An independent power producer focused on providing clean, renewable energy to homes and businesses across North America. Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Capstone currently develops, owns and operates thermal and renewable power generation facilities totalling over 775 MW of installed capacity across 30 facilities in Canada.
Capstone Infrastructure Corporation is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we accommodate individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws.
Please visit Capstone’s website for more information at: www.capstoneinfrastructure.com.