Why you should join us:
We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation.
Suncor has an exciting new wind power project underway! The Forty Mile Wind Power Project is located in southeastern Alberta on approximately 50,000 acres of private land, south and east of the town of Bow Island and in the County of Forty Mile. Upon project completion (planned for late 2021), phase one will deliver 200 megawatts of generated electricity to the provincial grid, enough energy to supply the equivalent of more than 100,000 homes in Alberta, and will contribute approximately four percent of Suncor’s goal to reduce total greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions intensity by 30 percent by 2030. That’s the equivalent of taking 80,000 cars off the road.
Construction has started, and we are looking for a Site Supervisor to join the team! As the sole leader on site, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the plant, including safety, budget, contractor management, plant performance, and represent our company with local stakeholders.
You will use your expertise to:
- Supervise site contractors while coordinating and planning all plant field activities
- Oversee and support contractors’ performance of corrective and scheduled maintenance on our wind turbines, and plan / coordinate the annual balance of plant maintenance schedule
- Perform field investigations to resolve safety, operational and technical problems
- Optimize plant performance through data collection, observations and proactively addressing maintenance needs
- Organize and maintain site spare parts inventory, including purchasing and arrangements for repairing used parts
- Create and administer the annual operations’ budget and complete monthly reports for all company and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate all activities with internal departments and external agencies to meet regulatory and stakeholder requirements
- Manage all capital projects associated with the plant
- Support and leverage external expertise, such as CanREA whenever possible
- Support joint venture and other Suncor Operated sites remotely as and when necessary
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Eight years of experience, including five or more years working with wind turbines
- A valid Alberta Journeyperson Electrical Certificate or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyperson Electrician Certificate; attach your Journeyperson / Red Seal ticket with your application to be considered
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- High voltage electrical knowledge, including substation and switching
- Proven knowledge of wind turbine components and operations (hardware, software, power controls, and generators)
- Strong collaborative skills working with both internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Solar facility experience
- Asset management experience, specifically in the operations and maintenance area of renewable energy
- Familiarity with spare parts or inventory processes, as well as SAP or similar work processes
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will be working at our Forty Mile operation and maintenance building, which is located approximately 60km SW of Medicine Hat, and 40km S of Bow Island
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs, including being on call 24/7
- Occasional travel will be required to our other renewable plants (across Canada)
- This positionis safety sensitive
- You will be required to perform some heavy lifting, use ladders and work on elevated work sites within turbine towers (250 feet or more), with the ability to perform in a variety of different environments both indoor and outdoor as well as within confined spaces
- Relocation support will be provided; we offer highly competitive housing assistance to eligible individuals SAP:IND
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online.
We are Canada’s leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn’t safe, we don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.