It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Limited offers great opportunities to highly motivated people.
This position will be based at our Old Man 2 wind turbine site located near Pincher Creek Alberta.
- Leading the day to day operations at the Old Man 2 wind farm.
- Fostering a strong Safety and Quality culture, by driving a Safety First and Zero Defects culture at site while never compromising on either of these core values.
- Provide our customer with excellent service and maintaining an open and honest relationship.
- Ensuring that all site Safety equipment is up to date and within inspection periods.
- Daily planning and execution of preventive and reactive maintenance activities, while maintaining an active role in the field.
- Creating and dispatching work orders and maintaining site inventory through Service Max.
- Technical approval of checklists and accurate record keeping of site Service history.
- Updating various trackers and scheduling tools. Reviewing and editing GRT data.
- Although this position’s “Home site” is Old Man 2, travel to support other Siemens Gamesa wind farm sites throughout Canada might be required at times.
- Participate in the development of new improved field procedures and best practices on the fleet.
- Ability to think clearly and maintain composure during stressful and or hazardous situations is critical.
- Physical requirements of the job include but not limited to: Ladder climbing minimum 267 steps, up stair climbing, standing for long periods, walking, lifting, bending, twisting, work above shoulders, pushing, pulling, exposure to vibration, chemicals, confined spaces and extreme weather conditions.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Must have minimum of 6 months experience in a mechanical, electrical or industrial field
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills are required.
- Good computer skills; intermediate user of Microsoft Office applications.
- The candidate must demonstrate strong initiative and motivation to learn new tasks and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability in working safely and effectively in a team environment.
- Labour between SGRE sites is often shared so a high level of flexibility and cooperation is expected to ensure the successful operation of all wind farms.
- Strong ability to organize and plan daily/weekly work in a dynamic environment.
- Travel to customer sites within and outside Canada is a requirement of the job. Must be eligible to hold a valid Passport and Driver’s License
- On-the-job training will be provided on the administrative tasks that are required of this role.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- College diploma from a Renewable Energy or Wind Technician Program
- Demonstrated knowledge in SGRE wind turbine systems
- Previous wind tower experience taken into consideration
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Limited (SGRE) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, SGRE will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Please apply online by September 7, 2020.