It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
The Heavy Lift Technician performs planned and unplanned maintenance including troubleshooting and replacement of parts if necessary, in a safe and professional manner on Wind Turbines. Detailed records and parts used must be completed for all work performed. Technicians report to site management and communicate needs and or safety issues that arise. Perform first class work on preventive maintenance to be completed on time and right the first time.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently
- Provide excellent service to our customers
- Work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices
- Actively work on wind turbine projects
- Identify and report any and all incidents or near misses
Candidates must have previous experience in the following:
- Must have 1 year of Wind Technician experience or 6 months in a related program paired with 6 months on a wind site
- Flexible travel schedule, with up to 100% travel
- Basic computer and iPad use skills
- Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
- Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 lbs. or less as required by the equipment safety regulations
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical examiner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
- Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening
- Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic DMV checks of their license.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Willing to travel up to 100%
- Work a flexible work schedule
- The Wind Service Travel Technician position requires 100% travel so qualified candidates must live within 50 miles of a major airport.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- SIEMENS Lvl. 6 Troubleshooter Certification
- Liftra Crane Experience
- Liftra Operator Certification
- G.E. and Vestas Major Component Exchange Experience
- Crew Lead experience
- Training role experience
- QEHS Experience (Quality, Environmental, Health, and Safety)
Please apply to this position online here. Deadline: August 8, 2021
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these videos:
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
# Entry Level
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Limited (SGRE) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, SGRE will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people – from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.