Together with Samsung Renewable Energy Inc. (“Samsung”), the city of Summerside (“Owner”) is developing the utility scale solar and the battery generation project comprising of construction and operation of 21 MWac solar farm, 10MW/20MWh Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) and the utility connection at 34.5 kV Line between the project site and the Summerside Electric substation (“Summerside Sunbank Project” or “Project”). Samsung is the strategic partner of the Owner for the Project and is performing development and construction advisory services to the City of Summerside for the Project during the development, EPC tender and construction phase of the Project.
JOB DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
Samsung is currently looking for an Assistant Project Construction Manager with a civil or electric engineering background to work on the construction of the Project. The project is located in Summerside, Prince Edward Island. The Construction Manager will be based full-time at the Project site working as Assistant Construction Manager and as the member of site representative team of Samsung working with the Samsung Project Manager.
This is a temporary full-time position and it is expected that the duration of the role will be for 15 to 18 months including the period for the project familiarization prior to the mobilization to the site, which is expected to be on around August 2021.
This highly visible technical management position will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to participate in the fully integrated PV solar plus storage project, working with well-established organizations.
- Fully understand the Project requirement of Owner and detailed technical and legal conditions of EPC contracts for each PV Solar farm, BESS and Interconnection projects.
- Support Samsung Project Manager to
- Help Samsung and Owner oversee project execution to ensure that all systems are installed on time, exactly according to the plan and contract.
- Act as the primary onsite liaison and site representative of Samsung with respect to all project construction issues, including civil, electrical, mechanical and other technical aspects of the project.
- Create and maintain daily, weekly and monthly reporting documents to measure key project performance metrics.
- Oversee the activities of the EPC contractors, the subcontractors, and interact with third-party engineering, environmental and safety consultants and construction management consultant of the Project, if any.
- Help ensure all pertinent codes, permits, and regulations are being followed.
- Undertake comprehensive monitoring of construction practices to ensure quality and safety.
- Participate in on-site project team meeting and regular meetings with the EPC contractor(s) and with the project owner and prepare the meeting minutes to communicate all important issues to management for review.
- Confirm work completion for billing purposes, providing an associated report and photographs.
- Maintain the highest standard of professional ethics and integrity.
- Undertake ad hoc projects or tasks requested by the management.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
A competitive package consisting of base salary, variable pay and other incentives is available.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
Preference given to candidates with a Bachelor’s in Engineering (Electrical or Civil preferred)
- At least 3 years’ work experience; ideally with a minimum of 1~2 years’ experience in solar project construction
- Experiences in BESS integrated project preferred
- Knowledge of relevant federal, provincial and local laws and regulations, especially as they relate to construction practices, is essential.
- Demonstrated experience managing project quality and schedules.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Knowledge of performance measurement, risk management systems, safety and environmental protection, regulatory development and enforcement.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong ability to explain complex technical topics and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally with EPC contractors as well their sub-contractors.
- Excellent ability to ask questions and know when to seek guidance.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational time management skills with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), on-line application systems, and data management systems.
How to apply: Please send a resume via email at [email protected]
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and any certification or documentation required to work at the construction site in PEI will be arranged with Owner in a timely manner.
We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible with intention to complete the process not later than June to have the recruited assistant construction manager familiarize with the project and prepare the detail works at project prior to the mobilization to the site.
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.