Potentia Renewables Inc. (“PRI”) is an independent power producer (“IPP”) focused on developing, owning and operating rooftop solar installations, utility scale ground mount solar and wind energy facilities across the Americas. PRI currently has a portfolio of approximately 200 MW of operating or contracted solar energy projects, as well as more than 500 MW of wind projects under contract throughout Canada, with a growing development pipeline. PRI is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario.
Senior Manager, Project Development
Remote, anywhere in the U.S. or Canada/Toronto, Ontario
Accountabilities and Key Functions
The Senior Manager is responsible for the development of renewable energy generation and storage projects, acting as the bridge from the project identification/acquisition stage through the construction stage to commercial operation. The Senior Manager will manage the day-to-day management of projects under development, ensuring the project is completed on time and within budgetary requirements.
This position leads all aspects of project development, including site prospecting, green fielding, acquisitions and late-stage development, and requires the successful candidate to coordinate project partners, regulators, subject matter experts, communication with key stakeholders, negotiation of commercial agreements, preparation of proposals, risk identification and project planning.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Project management activities from project concept to start of commercial operation – coordinating internal and external functional teams, working proactively to identify project barriers and risks and implementing strategies to overcome them
- Local, provincial/state and federal permitting
- Preparation of proposals/bids submitted to potential offtakers
- Land acquisition and coordination
- Initiate interconnection processes
- Identify prospective sites with suitable resource, transmission capacity and favorable site characteristics
- Establish and manage relationships with key stakeholders in support of project development
- Participate in policy outreach efforts to governmental officials regarding industry issues
- Support the financial analysis and modeling of the project
- Develop project budgets; track project level expenditures and invoice processing
- Draft reports to management, including project status updates
- Communicate information continuously and effectively to cross-functional teams
- Negotiate and establish local agreements, such as road use agreements
- Participate in Power Purchase Agreement and other commercial negotiations
- Manage the work of third-party consultants
- Work with procurement team to set commercial terms for various contracts related to projects and markets
- Support due diligence activities with other internal groups to ensure proper analysis of projects
- Contribute to best practices and documentation of lessons learned for future projects
- Such other development activities may reasonably be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to quickly understand the basics of a variety of subjects relating to renewable energy, including resource studies, environmental studies, transmission issues, land, public policy, etc.
- Good natured, dedicated, team player able to work under pressure when required
- High level of judgment – able to synthesize multiple data points, apply to relevant problems and take decisive action
- Strong interpersonal skills, high attention to details, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be self-motivated, a self-starter, professional and trustworthy
- Ability and willingness to travel and work overtime as needed.
- 7+ years in project management of renewable energy projects, or similar infrastructure projects
- Bachelors or master’s degree in an environmental field, engineering, business or related field
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically
- Energy storage experience considered an asset
- PMP designation considered an asset.
Applications will be accepted until a qualified talent pool is compiled.
How to Apply
Please email your application to [email protected].