HES PV is an award winning solar electric system designer and wholesaler with offices and warehousing across Canada. Applicants should be prepared to work in a high paced dynamic environment. The ideal candidate would be a multitasker, work well in a team, and be willing to contribute in a variety of operational duties pending workload.
The successful candidate will work with the current engineering and projects team to develop system designs from our Barrie, Ontario office. This candidate will become intimately familiar with all aspects of a PV project design. This position would involve preparing or reviewing single line diagrams, other electrical drawings, system performance analysis and reporting.
Job Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Develop system designs, technical reports and project briefs.
- Assist HESPV’s sales team with design and client support documentation.
- Work within the existing engineering team to produce installation plan sets with a focus on the electrical and communications design.
- Work with manufacturers and other entities to ensure product compatibility and update literature.
- Work within the existing maintenance team to assist in reporting, troubleshooting and solving communication issues.
- Must have a Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) from a CEAB accredited Canadian University.
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles and practices applicable to electrical and communication systems
- Knowledge of renewable energy systems electrical design.
- Experience in various communications protocols, MODBUS, CANBUS, Knowledge of current inverter system communications would be an asset.
- Computer literacy in the Windows environment required. Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Basic knowledge of AutoCAD, DraftSight or similar Aptitude to learn new technologies quickly and desire to excel
- Proven track record of achieving measurable goals in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently in an extremely proactive fashion within a team-oriented environment
- Exceptional project management, time management and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
Given our commitment to employee development across the board, employees enjoy a long and satisfying career at HES PV in an environment that values their contributions, rewards them properly, and is committed to their safety and wellbeing.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].