Established in Germany over 35 years ago, ENERCON is an international leader in wind turbine design and manufacturing. Known worldwide for its gearless generator technologies, high quality standards, and comprehensive long-term service agreements, the company has become synonymous with reliability and performance. ENERCON’s product line ranges from 800 kW to 5 MW. To date, the company has installed more than 30,300* turbines worldwide representing more than 53.1 GW of installed capacity.
A major player in the Canadian market since its entry in 2001, ENERCON has its North American headquarters in Montreal, Quebec, multiple service stations from coast-to-coast, and an accredited training and warehouse facility in Boucherville, Quebec. ENERCON has currently over 2 242 MW of installed capacity throughout eight provinces and territories in Canada.*
ENERCON is seeking for Transport & Logistics Manager to fulfill a permanent full-time position located in Montreal.
Reporting to the Project & Logistics Director, the TL manager will be responsible for planning and overseeing the dispatch routes to achieve contractual delivery times, conducting remedial planning to effectively manage the live changes to the plan.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and monitor supply chain operations
- Act as a coordinator between offshore production and project execution
- Support procurement agents during the request for proposals, “RFP”
- Act as technical expert for logistics within the project management team
- Oversee bid evaluations process and advise on technical aspects of bids
- Communicate with different stakeholders (suppliers, retailers, customers, etc.) to negotiate services and preferential rates
- Establish and implement policies, processes and standards for transportation and storage
- Ensure transport compliance with regulations
- Oversee scheduling and dispatching of vehicles
- Perform variance analysis of costs, investigate root-causes, and monitor trends
- Support and conduct regular check-ins with logistics team to ensure engagement and best practices are being followed
- Support Sales Department in their negotiations and preparation support documentation; including to route surveys and feasibility studies.
- Participate in the elaboration and review of contracts under negotiation; ensuring compliance.
- Advise executive managers on potential risks and legal issues in the normal course of business.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in supply chain management or logistics management considered an asset
- 5 to 10 years’ work experience in relevant industry
- Knowledge in logistics technical bids
- Familiar with oversized hauling equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Ability to provide timely advice in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial and analytical mindset and problem-solving skills
- Good leadership skills
- Self-starter, well organized with capacity to manage multiple priorities at the same time
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The masculine generic refers to bot the masculine and feminine genders and is used for conciseness purposes only.
If you are interested in this position, please send your C.V. and resume to the following: [email protected]