Established in Germany over 35 years ago, ENERCON is an international leader in wind turbine design and manufacturing. Known worldwide for its gearless generator technologies, high quality standards, and comprehensive long-term service agreements, the company has become synonymous with reliability and performance. ENERCON’s product line ranges from 800 kW to 5 MW. To date, the company has installed more than 30,300* turbines worldwide representing more than 53.1 GW of installed capacity.
A major player in the Canadian market since its entry in 2001, ENERCON has its North American headquarters in Montreal, Quebec, multiple service stations from coast-to-coast and an accredited training and warehouse facility in Boucherville, Quebec. ENERCON has currently over 2 242 MW of installed capacity throughout eight provinces and territories in Canada.*
*Numbers last updated: August 2020
ENERCON Canada is looking for a talented Supply Chain Manager professional to join the Material Management team.
Reporting to a Managing Director, the Supply Chain Manager leads the supply chain efforts for ENERCON Canada’s Installation and Service activities in North America. The incumbent will be responsible in controlling and monitoring activities with the objective of creating net value, building a competitive infrastructure, leveraging worldwide logistics, synchronizing supply with demand and measuring performance. They will manage a team of experts to implement continuous improvement strategies in addition to overseeing day-to-day operations of the department; including purchasing, planning, warehousing, transport, logistics and fleet management.
- Develop and execute supply chain strategies to optimize operations
- Identify and manage departmental risks (budgets, health & safety, business & government regulations, etc.)
- Encourage collaboration across departments to implement continuous improvement projects
- Define, evaluate and report on operational KPIs and the corresponding action plan
- Lead a team of over 20 people including five direct reports managing various activities: vehicle fleet management, warehouse operations, transport & logistics, purchasing & planning and SAP specialist.
- Support and empower the supply chain team in order to optimize their engagement
- Build and maintain a collaborative relationship within a complex global organization, ranging from senior executives, industry experts and front-line staff
- University degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or similar field
- 5-10 years of experience as a supply chain manager in a similar industry
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management concepts and processes
- Bilingual in English and French
- Effective communication, influence and conflict resolution skills
- Leadership, mobilization and coaching skills
- Entrepreneurial and analytical mindset and problem-solving skills
- Ability to conceptualize large-picture projects in proactive way
- Rigour and strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a team with a positive attitude
- Available to travel 15% of the time to project sites, across Canada and occasionally to ENERCON’s headquarters in Germany.
- Applicable software: MS Office and SAP
- Supply Chain Management professional certification (SCMP or APICS) is an asset
To apply for this position, please send your application to: [email protected]