Established in Germany over 35 years ago, ENERCON is an international leader in wind turbine design and manufacturing. Known worldwide for its gearless generator technologies, high quality standards, and comprehensive long-term service agreements, the company has become synonymous with reliability and performance. ENERCON’s product line ranges from 800 kW to 5 MW. To date, the company has installed more than 30,300* turbines worldwide representing more than 53.1 GW of installed capacity.
A major player in the Canadian market since its entry in 2001, ENERCON has its North American headquarters in Montreal, Quebec, multiple service stations from coast-to-coast, and an accredited training and warehouse facility in Boucherville, Quebec. ENERCON has currently over 2 242 MW of installed capacity throughout eight provinces and territories in Canada.*
ENERCON is seeking for Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor to fulfill a permanent full-time position located in Montreal, QC or Lethbridge, AB or Dawson Creek, BC.
Reporting to the HSE Director, the HSE Advisor is responsible to guide and support internal clients in the application of legislation and regulations affecting health and safety in the wind industry. He will coach and lead operations on policies and practices to build a safety-first behavior-based culture and drive continuous improvement. Specifically, this requires collaborating with on-site teams to effectively align and implement programs, providing education and training, leading audit initiatives, capturing and following up on incidents.
The incumbent will be a member of the professional, committed and multidisciplinary team that offers internal clients a solid expertise in occupational health and safety.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide advice and consultation for programs in support of our corporate strategy for strong safety performance and continuous improvement
- Ensure internal procedures meet or exceed the requirements of laws and regulations on health and safety in the workplace and environmental management.
- Conduct regular support visits, inspections and audits at ENERCON’s facilities, project sites, operations centers and wind turbines
- Investigate processes and develop safety-related metrics, risk assessments and risk control plans
- Offer expertise to the procurement department for personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Support commercial department during client meetings
- Represent ENERCON within industry associations and government agencies
- Produce HSE statistic reports and results according to established industry practices, standards and internal systems.
- Elaborate and maintain emergency preparedness and response plans for operations
- Manage injury claims, investigations and report writing
- Develop and implement policies, programs, procedures and forms required to manage HSE issues
- Implement and control audits of health and safety management systems (ISO 45001)
- Provide coaching to site-managers, project managers and technicians
- Organize meetings and safety-related training sessions with technical and management teams
- University degree or certificate in Health & Safety or related field
- 5 to 8 years of experience in Health, Safety and Environmental management in the industrial maintenance or construction sector.
- Strong knowledge of the practice in health, safety and environmental legislation and regulations in different Canadian provinces
- Expertise in the management and implementation of OHS (Occupational Health and Safety) programs, including Electrical Safety, Lockout, Work at Height,
- Ergonomics, Confined Space Work and WHMIS.
- Strong communication skills (in both French and English)
- Ability to conduct meetings via teleconferencing and remote management.
- Entrepreneurial, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good leadership skills and ability to influence
- Organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time
- Rigor and good work ethic
- Ability to work in a team with a positive attitude
- Available to travel 40% of the time to project sites across Canada and occasionally to ENERCON’s headquarters in Germany.
- Applicable software: MS Office
- Driver’s license
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The masculine generic refers to bot the masculine and feminine genders and is used for conciseness purposes only.
If you are interested in this position, please send your C.V. and resume to the following: [email protected]