Established in Germany over 35 years ago, ENERCON is an international leader in wind turbine design and manufacturing. Known worldwide for its gearless generator technologies, high quality standards, and comprehensive long-term service agreements, the company has become synonymous with reliability and performance. ENERCON’s product line ranges from 800 kW to 5 MW. To date, the company has installed more than 30,300* turbines worldwide representing more than 53.1 GW of installed capacity.
A major player in the Canadian market since its entry in 2001, ENERCON has its North American headquarters in Montreal, Quebec, multiple service stations from coast-to-coast, a manufacturing site of one of ENERCON’s exclusive suppliers in Matane, Quebec, and an accredited training and warehouse facility in Boucherville, Quebec. ENERCON has currently over 2 242 MW of installed capacity throughout eight provinces and territories in Canada.* (*Numbers last updated: August 2020)
General description of the team, work environment, projects or role of the incumbent:
While reporting to the Executive Director, the Environmental Health Safety and Quality (EHSQ) Director will lead EHSQ operations and programs across Canada. Having successfully reduced the lost time accident rate by 95% over the past 4 years, we are looking for a passionate and experienced person to continue our progress.
The incumbent will be responsible for defining and implementing the management system and the strategic roadmap for the development of Environmental Health Safety and Quality (EHSQ) projects. They will be responsible for ensuring compliance with industry’s norms and standards as well as federal and provincial laws and regulations. In addition, they will be accountable for implementing and maintaining EHS with ISO integrated management system as well as promoting an EHSQ culture within ENERCON’s business operations in Canada.
The EHSQ Director will have the support of the German headquarters team and Canadian EHS team including two EHS advisors, a quality and testing coordinator and temporary health and safety officers assigned to the various wind farm installation projects.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, maintain and improve ENERCON’s EHSQ program and actively participate in the risk-assessment activities of national wind power projects
- Collaborate with senior management in defining annual objectives and managing budgets
- Work closely with installation and service project managers to develop operational requirements
- Define, develop and ensure the implementation of the strategic EHS and Quality plan
- Lead the implementation of EHS with quality management systems
- Manage the compliance of our practices with current legislation as well as assess potential risks to new markets in North America
- Collaborate with German head office EHSQ team by sharing and optimizing best practices in reaching the common goal.
- Act as an EHSQ expert subject matter and provide innovative solutions to ENERCON management team
- Update the monitoring system of key performance indicators in health and safety and implement effective measures to resolve the raised issues
- Ensure that the main risks related to the organizational operations are identified and effectively controlled
- Ensure EHS integration into procurement processes
- Interact with various departments to ensure product compliance in Canada and the competence of our employees in health and safety
- Collaborate with government authorities during various audits, investigations and other necessary interventions
- Participate in the qualification process of certain organizations as requested by clients: e.g. qualification for
- Contribute to the strategy plan of effective claims files management
- Align, mobilize and communicate EHSQ vision and organization’s strategic priorities
- Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree (BAC) in a relevant field
- Minimum of 15 years of experience including 10 years in Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety Management System
- Experience in management and implementation of essential OSH programs, in particular; electrical safety, lockout–tagout (LOTO) , working at height, ergonomic, working in confined spaces and WHMIS
- Experience in high risk assessments.
- Experience in wind industry or related sector : construction, industrial, power plant, petroleum (O&G) or other
- CRSP certification (PSAC)
- Solid knowledge of QEHS encompasses multiple ISO standards including: ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems and ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety
- Relevant experience in Canada and United States
- Wiliness to travel across ENERCON sites
- French and English (oral and written)
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Distinguished effective leader and a change agent oriented towards achieving lasting results.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to mobilize and influence others
- Integrity and trustworthy
- Flexible and creative thinking
- Demonstrate agile organizational approach
To apply for this position, please send your application to: [email protected]
Only selected candidates will be contacted. The masculine generic refers to bot the masculine and feminine genders and is used for conciseness purposes only.