EDF Renewables North America, a subsidiary of EDF Renewables, is a leading North American independent power producer boasting over 30 years of experience across a broad spectrum of services. Our mission is to deliver renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.
Scope of Job:
This position is directly responsible to work with the Project Development team, supporting the identification, evaluation, structuring, and execution of acquisitions and project off-take for EDF Renewables Development Inc. (EDF RD) with a primary focus on the Northeast United States and the Canadian market.
Responsible for driving market research, competitive analysis, financial analysis, and supporting all planning and business development activities in the Region, including enhancing the operational structure of the Region. This includes strategic planning, forecasting, budgeting, and financial management and administering systems and processes essential to the success, direction and operation of the Region as well as supporting the identification, evaluation, structuring of acquisitions and offtake.
The Development Strategy Analyst main tasks will be:
- 20% – Strategic Planning, Forecasting, and Budgeting
- Providing guidance in strategic planning and development of financial and business plans
- Supporting the preparation and submittal of budgets, plans and forecasts
- Analyzing cost reporting and reconciliation of forecasts to the budget as well as analysis of financial data and metrics for the annual operating budget
- 20% – Market Research and Financial Analysis
- Performing market research and financial analysis
- Structuring and managing the Region’s market intelligence file repository
- Developing, updating, and improving the Region’s market research and financial analysis methodology and support pricing efforts with financial analysis
- 20% – Competitive Analysis
- Conducting/maintaining routine and ad hoc competitive benchmarking and analysis
- Developing, updating, and improving the Region’s competitive analysis methodology
- 30% – Business Development
- Support identification, review, negotiation, and evaluation of potential acquisition of wind, solar and battery storage projects in Northeastern United States and Canada.
- Manage the submission of Requests for Qualification and Requests for Proposals for Utility and Commercial & Industrial (C&I) opportunities.
- 10% – Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated interest in renewable energy
- Excellent oral, written and analytic skills
- Driven self-starter and high degree of honesty and integrity
- Ability to operate at an extremely detailed level in a high intensity environment
- Strong team player, strong ethics and commitment to sustainable deals/business relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related;
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- 3+ years of related experience
- Prior experience in renewable energy, investment banking, or management consulting a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills and comfort using web-based industry intelligence solutions
- Strong organizational, communication and management skills
- 80% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of various Microsoft software/programs), phones, and general office equipment.
- 20% of time is spent outside of the office visiting vendors’ and/or internal customers’ sites in additional to attending various conferences and meetings.
Reasonable accommodations may be provided by EDF Renewables to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions, as defined per Company policy.
About the company:
EDF Renewables Canada has been developing and operating clean energy projects across Canada since 2008. Based in Montreal and Toronto, the company of more than 100 employees strives to develop high-quality energy projects by building long-term business relationships with people who are also interested in providing renewable solutions to open the door to a sustainable energy future.
A complete benefits package is offered to all permanent, full-time employees, including: health, dental and vision care, life insurance, short and long-term disability, vacation and sick pay, paid public holidays and pension contributions.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to the following: https://us59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/edfre/Posting/View/1802