- Electrical installation, maintenance and repair of solar photovoltaics, solar hot water, solar pool heating, and solar thermal systems
- Installing solar photovoltaic panels, inverters, and associated equipment on rooftops of residential and commercial buildings
- Installing electrical conservation equipment, energy-efficient lighting fixtures and general electrical work
- Supervising apprentices
- Completing solar site assessments
- Preparing solar assessment reports and quotes
- Designing solar PV systems
- Customer relationship management
- Licensed Electrician (prefer Red Seal)
- prefer training and/or experience in installing renewable energy systems (solar photovoltaics, solar thermal, solar hot water, solar pools, other)
- driver’s license (class 5 to drive van)
- computer software: spreadsheets, databases, general office
- comfortable working on roofs
- Fall Safety training
- physically fit (able to carry heavy object 30-50 lbs, use ladders, climb on roofs)
- excellent customer service and communication skills
- Work will be full-time, 35 hours per week for a two month contract.
- There may be an opportunity to extend the contract
- Pay: $25-35 per hour based on qualifications and experience
About VREC Solar
Vancouver Renewable Energy Co-operative (VREC Solar) sells, installs and provides consulting services for renewable energy systems. Since 2004,we have specialized in designing and installing photovoltaics, solar hot water, and solar pool heating systems. As BC’s solar energy leader we installed the first grid-tie photovoltaic system in the City of Vancouver, started the first community owned solar investment project, installed the first PPA project in BC and installed the most northern grid-tie system in the Western Hemisphere.
VREC Solar is a for-profit, employee-owned cooperative. Our employees operate in a collaborative environment, help contribute to decisions made on behalf of the cooperative, and assume equal responsibility for achieving our goals. VREC Solar is a values-based business that works to have a positive impact in our region.
VREC is committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Indigenous status. We welcome and encourage applications from under-represented communities.