Join one of the world’s leading suppliers of wind power solutions as a Wind Technician for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy! Demand for electricity generated from renewable sources is growing fast, and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has the answers. As one of the market leaders, we combine technological innovations, experience, and expertise to deliver readily available, one-stop solutions and have a proven track record of successfully delivering wind power projects on all continents.
SGRE is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for a Wind Technician position. The candidate will work together with a multi-disciplinary group to ensure top performance on our wind farms. The ideal candidate has the ability to work a flexible schedule, along with the ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently. S/he will provide excellent service to our customers, have the ability to work on complex systems in challenging environments, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge in electrical systems including such as PLC programming and converters
- College Diploma or equivalent competency in a field related to the work of a wind farm technician ie: electrical / mechanical systems
- The candidate must demonstrate strong initiative and motivation to learn new technology and translate learning into personal success
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and effectively in a team environment
- Strong ability to organize and plan daily/weekly work with a high level of quality orientation, ability to analyze and resolve problems independently with a high level of results orientation
- Good computer skills, is competent in the use of Microsoft platforms like Outlook and Excel
- Travel to customer sites within and outside Canada is a requirement of the job.
- Must be eligible to hold a valid Passport and Driver’s License
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Limited (SGRE) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, SGRE will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people – from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.
To apply for this position, please click here. Deadline is October 21, 2021.