It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
This job is responsible for the service and maintenance of Siemens Gamesa wind turbines at our Grand Bend and Adelaide Wind Turbine sites. Although this position will have a home wind farm site, it will at times require supporting other sites across Canada, as needed.
- Provide excellent service to our customers, analyze and react to people in stressful hazardous situations
- Participate in the development of new improved field procedures and best practices
- The working environment entails working inside the wind turbine enclosure at an elevated height of 300 feet
- Ability to think clearly and maintain composure during stressful and or hazardous situations is a critical ability to working in confined spaces
- Extensive training and testing will be provided covering safety and technical job requirements
- Physical requirements of the job include but not limited to: Ladder climbing minimum 267 steps, up stair climbing, standing for long periods, walking, lifting, bending, twisting, work above shoulders, pushing, pulling, exposure to vibration, chemicals, confined spaces and extreme weather conditions
- Able to expand technical ability
- Capable of efficiently taking on additional roles and responsibilities at an operating wind farm
- Demonstrated knowledge in electrical systems including such as PLC programming and converters
- College Diploma or equivalent competency in a field related to the work of a wind farm technician ie: electrical / mechanical systems
- The candidate must demonstrate strong initiative and motivation to learn new technology and translate learning into personal success
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and effectively in a team environment
- Strong ability to organize and plan daily/weekly work with a high level of quality orientation, ability to analyze and resolve problems independently with a high level of results orientation
- Good computer skills, is competent in the use of Microsoft platforms like Outlook and Excel
- Must be legally able to work in Canada. Also, travel to customer sites within and outside Canada is a requirement of the job. Must be eligible to hold a valid Passport and Driver’s License
To apply for this position, please click here.
SGRE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, SGRE will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people – from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.