It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa (SGRE) is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for a Wind Technician position. The candidate will work together with a multi-disciplinary group to ensure top performance on our wind farms. The ideal candidate has the ability to work a flexible schedule, along with the ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently. They will provide excellent service to our customers, have the ability to work on complex systems in challenging environments, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices. Safety and Quality form a central part of our culture, and the ideal candidate will have a strong focus on both.
This position will be located at a customer site in Québec.
- Leading the day to day operations at Mont Sainte-Marguerite (MSM) wind farm.
- Fostering a strong Safety and Quality culture, by driving a Safety First and Zero Defects culture at site while never compromising on either of these core values.
- Provide our customer with excellent service and maintaining an open and honest relationship.
- Ensuring that all site Safety equipment is up to date and within inspection periods.
- Daily planning and execution of preventive and reactive maintenance activities, while maintaining an active role in the field.
- Creating and dispatching service orders and maintaining site inventory through SAP system.
- Technical approval of checklists and accurate record keeping of site Service history.
- Updating various trackers and scheduling tools. Reviewing and editing data in reporting tool.
- Although this position has a “Home site”, travel to support other Siemens Gamesa wind farm sites throughout Canada might be required at times.
- Ability to think clearly and maintain composure during stressful and or hazardous situations is critical.
- Physical requirements of the job include but not limited to: Ladder climbing minimum 267 steps, up stair climbing, standing for long periods, walking, lifting, bending, twisting, work above shoulders, pushing, pulling, exposure to vibration, chemicals, confined spaces and extreme weather conditions.
- Must have minimum of 6 months experience in a mechanical, electrical or industrial field.
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills are required.
- Good computer skills; intermediate user of Microsoft Office applications.
- The candidate must demonstrate strong initiative and motivation to learn new tasks and
- Demonstrated ability in working safely and effectively in a team environment.
- Being a Team player is essential.
- Strong ability to organize and plan daily/weekly work in a dynamic environment.
- Travel to customer sites within and outside Canada is a requirement of the job. Must be eligible to hold a valid Passport and Driver’s License.
- On-the-job training will be provided on the administrative tasks that are required of this role.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- College diploma from a Renewable Energy or Wind Technician Program.
- Hands on work experience as a Wind Technician on a Wind Farm with experience on Siemens geared or direct drive wind turbine technology.
Please click here to apply for this position.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Limited (SGRE) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, SGRE will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people – from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.