It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Join one of the world’s leading suppliers of wind power solutions as a Wind Technician for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy! Demand for electricity generated from renewable sources is growing fast, and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has the answers. As one of the market leaders, we combine technological innovations, experience, and expertise to deliver readily available, one-stop solutions and have a proven track record of successfully delivering wind power projects on all continents. Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is currently seeking highly talented and motivated candidates for Lead Technicians positions.
We are looking for Lead Technicians who are willing to live in the following regions in Alberta: Southeast and Southwest of Medicine Hat, Fort Macleod, and Northeast of Calgary. In Saskatchewan, it would be in an area just east of Swift Current.
Relocation may be offered for this role should it be necessary.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to lead, analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently. They will provide excellent service to our customers, could work on complex systems in challenging environments, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices. Safety and Quality form a central part of our culture, and the ideal candidate will have a strong focus on both.
- Lead daily site operations
- Travel could be over 50% in the first year of employment for training purposes, followed by 10% travel in the following years per business needs.
- Site level support to the Site Manager (SM).
- Leading Safety/Quality Culture onsite.
- Report any Health. Safety, & Environmental (HSE), Quality, etc. violations to the SM immediately.
- Drive continuous process improvements.
- Training assessments (technical and non-technical)
- Support the SM in performance reviews for technicians
- Service and maintenance wind turbines.
- Troubleshoot errors on wind turbine.
- Prepare plan of the day (POD) and assign tasks to the team, in close communication with the SM.
- Assure the site level team is working safely, performing the work according to the work instructions, and working efficiently.
- Site level communication with the customer.
- Perform downtime allocations as per the contract, as directed by the SM.
- Assure timely submittal of all required documentation (service checklists, retrofits/upgrade documentation, work orders, time sheets, expense reports, etc.).
- Escalate any human performance concerns to the SM.
- Escalate technical issues to the SM, or directly communicate with first and second level support teams.
- Perform site inventory as required.
- Order consumables and other office supplies, as needed or as directed by the SM.
- Assure proper packaging etc. of parts to be shipped off site.
- The working environment entails working inside the wind turbine enclosure at an elevated height of ~ 300 feet
- Physical requirements of the job include but not limited to: Ladder climbing minimum 250 steps, up stair climbing, standing for long periods, walking, lifting, bending, twisting, work above shoulders, pushing, pulling, exposure to vibration, chemicals, confined spaces and extreme weather conditions
Required Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
- Management and/or Team Leadership experience or applicable work experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic driver’s abstract checks
- Must be eligible to hold a valid Passport
- Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
- Be self-motivated, able to think quickly and address issues as they arise
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and effectively in a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills are required
- Proficiency in Microsoft software suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Ability to climb to heights up to 250 feet or greater and work in confined spaces.
- Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 pounds or less as required by the safety regulations.
- Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position.
- Must pass pre-hire background screening
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
Preferred Knowledge/ Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a mechanical, electrical or industrial field
- Conflict resolution experience
- Contract management experience
- Relevant work experience e.g. electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, maintenance/troubleshooting in a military, industrial or automotive industry.
- SAP experience
- Hands on work experience as a Wind Technician on a Wind Farm
To learn more about Siemens Gamesa, check out these links:
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people – from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.