Grasshopper Energy is Canada’s leading clean energy company, focusing on acquisition, development, EPC and long-term ownership of clean energy projects around the world. We foster a work culture that is dynamic and fast-paced, promoting the values of collaboration, professionalism, honesty, and hard work in an environment.
Grasshopper has been the recipient of multiple national industry awards including Solar Innovator of the Year, Project Finance Innovator of the Year and Solar Developer of the Year. Grasshopper at its core recognizes that its people are its most important asset and is seeking the best to be part of our team. We ensure our team members are taken care of with best in class overall compensation including competitive benefits, health & wellness incentives, career progression and an opportunity to experience an exciting entrepreneurial work environment.
- Operating and troubleshooting PV equipment in residential and commercial solar applications (including Inverters, Data systems, Trackers, Modules, etc.)
- Troubleshooting and rectification of underperforming components
- Installing irradiance sensors, temperature sensors, and wind monitoring equipment
- Installing and configuring MODBUS networks /devices
- Collaborating with our customers and ensuring that service commitments are met within expected response time
- Managing vehicle inventory and tools and restock as necessary
- Completing required paperwork (time sheets, service orders, forms, inventory, expense reports, and equipment related items)
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Must have Fall Safety Certification approved by the Ministry of Labor or be willing to receive training before starting to work
- 1 year experience installing/troubleshooting/maintaining/inspecting residential and/or commercial PV systems would be an asset.
- Degree/Diploma or certificate in Electrical or Electronics.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders, lift up to 60 pounds of tools, equipment, cables up/down on locations including but not limited to ladders, uneven surfaces and steep roofs
- Must be comfortable with heights and tight spaces
- Comfortable around computers. Ability to learn new software as required
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Adhere to departmental procedures and safety requirements as appropriate (e.g. OSHA, Ontario Electrical Code, etc)
- Ability to work well with subcontracted construction personnel in resolution of issues identified in the field
- High level of organizational and planning skills. Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Must have Class G drivers’ license and transportation
- Ability to work in extreme hot and cold temperatures
- Work will also involve driving, sitting, bending, walking, reaching, crouching, crawling, and twisting.
- Able to work holidays, overtime and weekends as necessary (on call)
To apply for this position, please go to our online link here.