Elemental Energy’s Vision
Elemental Energy began with a belief in the power of the elements to provide renewable energy for all, and a sense of urgency to make it happen. Today, we are accelerating the growth of renewable energy projects that benefit our environment, our communities, our partners, and our future generations.
Elemental is looking for enthusiastic candidates looking to support the accounting team based out of the Vancouver office.
Term: Full time
Start Date: September 2022
Location: Vancouver, BC (Hybrid)
- Report to the Director of Corporate Finance & Operations and provide direct support to the Senior Accountant.
- Prepare bank reconciliations, monthly journal entries and GST/PST reports
- Provide support preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with ASPE and IFRS
- Provide support with the preparation of monthly cash flow forecasts, budgets, and variance reports for all the operating projects
- Assist with the annual external audits
- Assist with grant administration
- Assist with other ad-hoc financial and accounting tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or equivalent area of study
This position offers a unique opportunity for an ambitious and entrepreneurial individual to make an impact on the renewable energy industry and contribute to the growth and evolution of a dynamic, well-capitalized investor and project developer.
What you’ll love about working here
- Entrepreneurial culture
- Fun and motivated workplace
- Interacting with sharp minds on exciting projects
- Opportunity for growth
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Experience with Sage50 is an asset but not a requirement
- Preference will be given to candidates enrolled in the CPA program
- This is an entry-level position and candidates with 0-2 years of work experience are preferred.
Apply directly on LinkedIn or send your resume with cover letter in confidence to: [email protected].
Please put the job title “Elemental – Junior Accountant Position” in the subject line.
While we thank all the candidates for their interest, only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.