Position Title: Senior Product Manager, Strategic Growth
Reports To: Director, Strategic Growth
Location: Vancouver BC or Canada Remote friendly
Employment: Full Time
We are on a mission to minimize humankind’s impact on the climate. We do this by turning renewable energy data into action. We have global growth across 15 countries and 4 continents, with growth of over 200% per year. Founded in Canada we are continuously expanding our global footprint with team members located in North America, Europe, and South America.
Guided by our core values, we are passionate, excited, and determined to fulfill our mission!
About the role:
We are focused on changing the renewable energy industry and as a Senior Product Manager, you will have an opportunity to be part of this mission.
We are looking for a candidate who desires to do work that has an impact, not just in the industry but also on the environment. Your ability to ask questions, solve problems, and passion for turning experimental ideas into new products and services that are valuable, feasible and viable will be an integral part of your success.
Who you are:
- Passionate about our core values (Communication, Sustainability, Inclusion, Impact, and Innovation)
- Strong experience leading the development of complex products and services where there are challenging commercial and technical hurdles to overcome, involving different internal and external stakeholders in order to develop and launch the product.
- Someone who is obsessed with understanding and solving problems and can do this by bringing people along, collaborating with technical and non technical audiences along the way.
- A genuine self-starter who proactively identifies challenges/opportunities and works across the team to generate and execute solutions and get others excited to collaborate
- Comfortable working in ambiguity using an experimentation mindset with experience taking learnings from early stage prototypes and pilot projects and translating these into actionable MVP’s and roadmaps that deliver on goals of the product.
- Excited to work in a growing company, full of smart and awesome people
- Motivated to make the world a better place by advancing the growth of renewable energy globally
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for our new insurance product suite by leading discovery, design and delivery activities and driving the product roadmap and execution for a global audience
- Responsible for defining and documenting the capabilities, requirements and releases necessary to support the successful development of the product by creating product artifacts and working with internal and external customers to validate and execute.
- Actively maintain a view of the renewable energy and insurance market, competition, and technologies as they change, and factor it, as well as feedback from internal groups and customers, into the product direction
- Work with Engineering, Methods & Innovations, Product Management, and Data Analysts to act as the customer, improve the product, deliver new products to the market and identify new ways to meet unmet needs of our customers
- Serve as the product, customer, data evangelist, thought leader, and subject matter expert both internally and externally for your products at every stage of the product life cycle
- Drive execution of the best solutions to customer problems acting as a customer, product and data evangelist, using agile and lean product strategies and techniques in collaboration with Engineering, Product Management, and Design peers: making tradeoffs, managing the workflow with engineering leaders and design, driving execution, and anticipating risks throughout the product lifecycle
- Develop metrics, systems, and processes to measure the effectiveness of the experiences and outcomes and continue to iterate until goals are met
- Understand how teams learn quickly; high comfort with rapid prototyping, incremental shipping to deliver value to users. You ensure we ship well-crafted products at a timely pace.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years experience leading development of complex software products from inception through to launch through a product lifecycle in related industries (renewables, finance, insurance, analytic platforms)
- Proven expertise in one or more of the following areas; product management, research and development and innovation
- Ability to communicate seamlessly with technical and non technical audiences and get others motivated around your product
- Understanding and experience being able to apply different technologies and capabilities from different industries together to find innovative solutions to problems
- Experience working directly with partners and clients
- Tenacity and drive to push things forward and solve problems
- Patience for ambiguity, creativity in strategy and execution tactics, and always improving on the status quo
- A deep understanding of big data, machine learning, business intelligence, data analytics, and advanced visualizations is highly desirable
- Renewable energy technical and commercial experience
- Previous SaaS or tech startup experience
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to work in an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Be part of a team who are focused on reducing our impact on the environment
- A chance to grow your skills and career alongside a supportive team of mentorship-focused developers
- Medical insurance & dental care
- Professional development benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home friendly
To apply for this position, please go to Clir Renewables’ careers page here: https://clir.eco/careers
At Clir Renewables, diversity and inclusion are not words we take lightly. These are words we take to heart, we drive to better understand our biases, and recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
I think ultimately if we get in 2 strong product people, that have strong innovation mindset and one stronger in early stage, the other in late stage, regardless we will have the ability to be flexible and for them to learn off one another. Innovation area is always going to be a little fluid in all honesty. I really think there may be times when you all need to band together on a product and use the strengths from everyone (Dorian included) and others times when we need someone to take charge and lead the thing.
I think we defo need to make sure we hire someone we have confidence in that can lead the smart insurance work and take a lot of the bulk from you and we need to hire someone that can dig deep into the messiness of any new initiative (production for sure initially) and know what to ask for and what they need to explore and solve problems.
I think focusing on just building a strong and diverse team of rock stars will set us up for as much flexibility as we can. Just need to be open and honest about that with candidates. For me if I was a PM looking for a role, I would jump on it. But some wont.