We are on a mission to minimize humankind’s impact on the climate. We do this by turning renewable energy data into action. We have global growth across 15 countries and 4 continents, with growth of 300% per year. Founded in Canada we are continuously expanding our global footprint with team members located in North America, Europe, and South America.
Guided by our core values, we are passionate, excited, and determined to fulfill our mission!
About the Role:
The Senior Product Manager, New Business Lines will be responsible for growing our innovation pipeline at Clir and rapidly uncover, validate and bring to market new products and services customers and Clir have never seen before.
Together with the Director of Strategic Growth, this role will seek to understand new markets, with a particular focus on the financial services market, develop concepts and propositions that are compelling, obsess over solving hard technical and commercial problems needing to be validated and then find paths for these products to market. Doing all of this whilst also bringing the company along in the journey is critical, so successful products are operationalized quickly and effectively.
Who You Are:
We are looking for a renewable energy innovator!
- Passionate about our core values (communication, sustainability, inclusion, impact, and innovation)
- Track record of success when it comes to creating new products and experiences from inception to launch ideally in the renewable energy industry.
- Strong mix of creativity, renewables knowledge and analytical ability combined with leadership and tenacity to solve problems collaboratively
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and get into the details with supporting teams, however still be able to take a step back and see the big picture, tying the details to the overall commercial and value proposition needed to win new customers over.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and customer service skills coupled with the ability to do whatever it takes to get the job done while pushing projects forward under tight deadlines and in a fast paced environment.
- Excited to work in a growing company, full of smart and awesome people
- Motivated to make the world a better place by advancing the growth of solar and wind energy globally
What you’ll be doing:
More specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Uncover customer/market insights to create and prioritize ideas, refine propositions, validate they are valuable, feasible and viable and ultimately fuel our innovation pipeline and efforts with the most promising new products and services
- Turn high level concepts into early stage products and services through proof of concepts, prototypes and pilot projects to incrementally validate risky assumptions and get customers excited or kill bad ideas or solutions quickly
- Develop transition plans for successful handover to internal teams, working collaboratively across the company on what is needed to develop an MVP, operationalize and continue to support after launch.
- Work directly with customers and partners continuously to ensure a solution is developed that meets their needs
- Continuously mature all aspects of Clir’s current processes and products to innovate and bring new offerings to market quickly in a lean fashion.
- Partnering with all Clir departments to coordinate the successful introduction of all new products.
- Lead project teams in the development of new products, services, and experiences for our customers
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years experience leading early stage development of complex software and data analytics products from inception through to launch in related industries (renewables, finance, insurance, analytic platforms)
- Proven expertise in two or more of the following areas; product management, research and development, renewable energy, innovation
- Ability to communicate seamlessly with technical and non technical audiences and get others motivated around your product
- Understanding and experience being able to apply different technologies and capabilities from different industries together to find innovative solutions to problems
- Experience working directly with partners and clients
- Tenacity and drive to push things forward and solve problems
- Patience for ambiguity, creativity in strategy and execution tactics, and always improving on the status quo
- A deep understanding of lean and design thinking practices is highly desirable
- Wind energy technical and commercial experience
- Previous SaaS or tech startup experience
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to work in an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Be part of a team who are focused on reducing our impact on the environment
- A chance to grow your skills and career alongside a supportive team of mentorship-focused developers
- Medical insurance & dental care
- Professional development benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home friendly
To apply for this position, please go to Clir Renewables’ careers page here: https://clir.eco/careers
At Clir Renewables, diversity and inclusion are not words we take lightly. These are words we take to heart, we drive to better understand our biases, and recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.