Clir Renewables is on a mission to reduce humankind’s impact on the planet. We do this by accelerating the transition to renewable energy by improving the economics of projects and empowering owners to maximize financial returns. Combining 200 GW of contextual operational dataset with powerful AI that is built, designed, and supported by decades of renewable energy expertise, Clir provides insights and tools needed to assess and optimize wind and solar projects.
Named one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies by the Globe and Mail’s Report on Business, Clir was founded in 2017. Headquartered in Vancouver, with hubs in Glasgow and Calgary, we’re a remote company with employees located across the globe and from the entire energy supply chain. Clir has empowered owners across Europe, Africa, the Americas, and Asia to achieve multi-million dollars in cumulative gains.
About the role
We are focused on changing the renewable energy industry and as a Senior Product Manager, Financial Services – Strategic Growth, you will have an opportunity to be part of this mission.
We are looking for a candidate who desires to do work that has an impact, not just in the industry but also on the environment. Your ability to ask questions, solve problems, and passion for turning experimental ideas into new products and services that are valuable, feasible, and viable will be an integral part of your success. This position is available remotely across Canada.
Who you are
- Passionate about our core values (Communication, Sustainability, Inclusion, Impact, and Innovation)
- Strong wind or solar energy background, with specific exposure to project finance and a track record of successfully delivering products that solve complex problems for the industry
- Deeply curious with a need to understand “why” with an obsession to understand customers and the market
- A genuine self-starter who proactively identifies challenges/opportunities and works across the team to generate and execute solutions and get others excited and collaborating
- Comfortable working in ambiguity in an environment where experimentation is encouraged and data is used to drive decisions
- Excited to work in a growing company, full of smart and awesome people
- Motivated to make the world a better place by advancing the growth of renewable energy globally
What you’ll be doing
- Drive the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for our new financial services product suite by leading discovery and delivery activities and driving the product roadmap and execution
- Responsible for defining the capabilities, requirements and delivery methods necessary to support internal and external customers of the products
- Build the products from the ground up, finding ways to scale them to a global audience
- Develop scalable approaches to gather third-party data sources that support the delivery of the products so we have confidence in long term value for our customers, and Clir
- Actively maintain a view of the financial market, competition, and technologies as they change, and factor it, as well as feedback from internal groups and customers, into the product direction
- Work with Engineering, Methods & Innovations, Product Management, and Data Analysts to improve the product, deliver products to the market, and identify new ways to meet the needs of our customers
- Serve as the product, customer, and data evangelist, thought leader, and subject matter expert both internally and externally for your products at every stage of the product life cycle
- Drive execution of the best solutions to customer problems using agile and lean product strategies and techniques in collaboration with Engineering, Product Management, and Design peers: making tradeoffs, managing the workflow with engineering leaders and design, driving execution, and anticipating risks
- Develop metrics, systems, and processes to measure the effectiveness of the experiences and outcomes and continue to iterate until goals are met
- Understand how teams learn quickly; high comfort with rapid prototyping, incremental shipping to deliver value to users. You ensure we ship the well-crafted products at a timely pace.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years experience in the wind or solar energy industry as an engineer or project manager or business lead or product manager, who had exposure to financing or financial products
- An analytical mind and are able to work with highly technical and non-technical business owners to get things done
- Understanding and experience driving the technologies and data needed to deliver on a product
- A knack for ambiguity, creativity in strategy and execution tactics, and always improving on the status quo
- Ability to influence and can assert your own ideas and persuade others to gain support, commitment, and mobilize people to take action
- A deep understanding of big data, machine learning, business intelligence, data analytics, and advanced visualizations is highly desirable
- Passion for creating amazing developer and data scientist experiences
- Mandatory renewable energy experience or exposure with wind/solar farms
- 3+ years experience developing software products with demonstrated experience in software product management, data engineering, or data analytics
- Previous SaaS or tech startup experience
- A post-secondary degree in computer/data science, business and/or engineering, or equivalent work experience
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to work in an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Be part of a team who are focused on reducing our impact on the environment
- A chance to grow your skills and career alongside a supportive team of individuals who are focused on mentorship and growth
- A comprehensive benefits plan (medical and dental) for Canadian employees
- Bike2Work benefits for UK employees
- Professional development benefits
- A flexible schedule that works with your life
- Remote work-friendly
At Clir Renewables, diversity and inclusion are not words we take lightly. These are words we take to heart, we drive to better understand our biases, and recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
As a partially remote organization, Clir works hard to ensure the safety of all clients and employees through the authentication of prospective employees and their backgrounds. Successful candidates may be subject to a background check conducted by Clir, and will need to demonstrate the legal right to work in Canada, the UK, or any area in which they wish to conduct work by showing proof of a valid work permit, visa, residency, or citizenship.