We are on a mission to minimize humankind’s impact on the climate. We do this by turning renewable energy data into action. We have global growth across 15 countries and 4 continents, with growth of 300% per year. Founded in Canada we are continuously expanding with team members located in North America, Europe, and South America.
Guided by our core values, we are passionate, excited, and determined to fulfill our mission!
About the role:
We are focused on changing the renewable energy industry and as a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Developer, you will have an opportunity to be part of this mission.
We are looking for a candidate who wants to do work that has an impact, not just in the industry but also on the environment. Your ability to ask questions, solve problems, and be an integral part of an open collaborative team will be a catalyst for your success.
You will support the Infosec and Tech Delivery departments to deliver products and features in a fast, scalable, and secure fashion. You will lead and own the implementation and improvement of Clir’s technology infrastructure, and work to ensure Clir adopts infrastructure best practices across the Software teams. You will also be responsible for identifying areas for automation and creating processes around cloud infrastructure.
Who you are:
- Passionate about our core values (communication, sustainability, inclusion, impact, and innovation)
- Highly experienced in managing distributed system and microservice cloud infrastructure
- Excited about the opportunity to join a rapidly expanding Tech organization who are developing software that meaningfully improves renewable energy management
- Motivated to work in an environment where everyone is focused on creating value for our customers
- Comfortable with focusing among multiple competing priorities and approaching hard questions through a lens of curiosity
What you’ll be doing:
- Drawing from your experience to design, develop, and implement improvements to our cloud infrastructure with a focus on security, reliability, and efficiency
- Take ownership of shared cloud resources and design process
- Maintain and improve the performance of the continuous delivery pipeline
- Implement security and compliance best practices in our infrastructure
- Streamline our infrastructure-related development tasks
- Provide guidance and support on architecting microservices
What you’ll need:
- Deep knowledge of AWS systems, infrastructure as code and scalable software infrastructure patterns
- A mindset of continuous improvement and the ability to identify and optimize critical processes
- The drive to work independently on tasks while collaborating with others to ensure you’re focused on the right things
- Familiarity with effective agile and software development practices
- Background in Computer Science and/or software developer experience at a senior level
- Experience with any of: Go, Python, React, MySQL, Airflow, SCADA systems
- System networking experience
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Proven troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Ability to write internal technical documentation
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to work in an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Be part of a team who are focused on reducing our impact on the environment
- A chance to grow your skills and career alongside a supportive team of mentorship-focused developers
- Medical insurance & dental care
- Professional development benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home friendly
To apply for this position, please go to Clir Renewables’ careers page here: https://clir.eco/careers
At Clir Renewables, diversity and inclusion are not words we take lightly. These are words we take to heart, we drive to better understand our biases, and recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
As a partially remote organization, Clir works hard to ensure the safety of all clients and employees through the authentication of prospective employees and their backgrounds. Successful candidates may be subject to a background check conducted by Clir, and will need to demonstrate the legal right to work in Canada, the UK, or any area in which they wish to conduct work by showing proof of a valid work permit, visa, residency, or citizenship.
Mike specifically mentioned CloudFormation/Terraform, but since CloudFormation is part of AWS, I didn’t want to make is sound redundant.