Position Title: Product Manager – Customer Experience
Reports To: Chief Product Officer
Location: Vancouver, BC or Canada Remote friendly
We are on a mission to minimize humankind’s impact on the climate. We do this by turning renewable energy data into action. We have global growth across 15 countries and 4 continents, with growth of 300% per year. Founded in Canada we are continuously expanding our global footprint with team members located in North America, Europe, and South America.
Guided by our core values, we are passionate, excited, and determined to fulfill our mission!
About the role:
We are focused on changing the renewable energy industry and as a Product Manager, you will have an opportunity to be part of this mission.
We are looking for a candidate who wants to do work that has an impact, not just in the industry but also on the environment. Your ability to ask questions, solve problems, and be an integral part of an open collaborative team will be a catalyst for your success.
- Passionate about our core values (communication, sustainability, inclusion, impact, and innovation)
- Experience improving complex customer journeys that help grow engagement, improve usability and overall customer satisfaction of products and services
- Able to approach complex challenges methodically, building decision-making frameworks founded on qualitative and quantitative data
- Deeply curious with a need to understand “why” – a person with “strong opinions, loosely held”
- A genuine self-starter who proactively identifies challenges/opportunities and works across the team to generate and execute solutions.
- Thrilled to work in an environment where experimentation is encouraged and data is used to drive decisions
- Excited to work in a growing company, full of smart and awesome people
- Motivated to make the world a better place by advancing the growth of solar and wind energy globally
What you’ll be doing:
- Set the channel vision, strategy, and roadmap for how we make our customer facing channels as seamless and engaging as possible for all customers globally, driving the product roadmap and execution
- Gain a thorough understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow product adoption, improve customer experience and drive growth across our channels
- Oversee the product throughout their life cycle, including ideation, prototyping, user research, design, launch, iteration, and end-of-life decisions
- Actively maintain a view of the market, competition, and UX trends as they change, and factor it, as well discovery insights into decisions on what to improve and prioritize
- Work collaboratively with Development, Revenue, Design and other Product Managers to create the best product experience possible using agile and lean product strategies and techniques: creating product artifacts, managing releases, making tradeoffs, managing the workflow with engineering leaders and design, driving execution, and anticipating risks
- Develop metrics, systems, and processes to measure the effectiveness of end to end product experiences and outcomes to iterate until goals are met
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of mixed product management and UX Design experience developing web-based software solutions or data products and services with an understanding of what it takes to create an exceptional product experience
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Design thinking mindset
- A track record of shipping valuable products in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to assert your own ideas, gain support, and mobilize people to take action
- A university degree (BS or MS) in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent experience
- Experience working in the Renewable Energy industry with an understanding of key pain points of the industry
- Previous SaaS or tech startup experience
- Understanding and direct experience working with Asset Managers, Operators and/or Asset Owners in the industry
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to work in an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Be part of a team who are focused on reducing our impact on the environment
- A chance to grow your skills and career alongside a supportive team of mentorship-focused developers
- Medical insurance & dental care
- Professional development benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home friendly
To apply for this position, please go to Clir Renewables’ careers page here: https://clir.eco/careers
At Clir Renewables, diversity and inclusion are not words we take lightly. These are words we take to heart, we drive to better understand our biases, and recognize that we have more work to do to create a workforce that truly represents those who our product serves. We strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
As a partially remote organization, Clir works hard to ensure the safety of all clients and employees through the authentication of prospective employees and their backgrounds. Successful candidates may be subject to a background check conducted by Clir, and will need to demonstrate the legal right to work in Canada, the UK, or any area in which they wish to conduct work by showing proof of a valid work permit, visa, residency, or citizenship.