Interested in leading the transition to a clean energy future in Canada? We have an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and growing team, working on the delivery of utility-scale renewable energy projects across the country.
Capstone is seeking a Project Coordinator for its construction team. The role of the Project Coordinator is to assist the Project Manager in planning and coordination of various activities of renewable energy projects from early development, throughout EPC scope development and tendering, major equipment procurement, utility interconnection, construction, and hand over to operations. This role will require some travel to project sites and some site-based work.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in the infrastructure sector, and particularly in renewable energy projects.
- Assist the project manager in coordination and planning activities throughout the full life cycle of renewable energy projects from development to commercial operation
- Assist with project costing, including preparing budgets, administering the procurement process and reviewing EPC contractors’ proposals
- Review project designs and technical submittals for compliance with project requirements
- Liaise with all project stakeholders and ensure projects comply with regulatory requirements
- Assist in the preparation of purchase orders for contractors, engineering firms and equipment vendors, and coordinate with accounts payable team for payment of invoices
- Support the finance team by providing project related information and updates needed for lenders or corporate reports
- Develop and maintain the project documentation, tracking and file management system including correspondence, contract exhibits and technical specifications
- Schedule, facilitate, and prepare presentations and updates for meetings
- Identify operational improvements using analytical thinking and innovative tools
- Prepare minutes of meetings with contractors, suppliers, engineering firms and project stakeholders
- Perform administrative duties including filing, assist in creating / updating tools and spreadsheets, data tracking, and special projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in electrical engineering or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience in electrical design with knowledge/exposure to construction projects, OR
- Construction related degree/diploma and five years of electrical construction experience with knowledge in electrical design
- Minimum 5 years of renewable energy experience in the Canadian marketplace preferred
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated project coordination skills, PMP or other project management credentials preferred
- Demonstrated work-ethic, positive team attitude, willingness to learn and ability to work successfully both independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of scheduling, project management and contract management
- Previous experience completing electrical design and preparing specifications is an asset
- Background in electrical installations design and renewable energy generation would be an asset
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications would be an asset
- Demonstrates thoroughness, accuracy, orderliness and attention to detail
- Ability to identify quality issues and operate with a continuous improvement mindset
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications in particular – MS Project, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Planning and time management skills including the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Interpersonal and communication skills
What Capstone Offers:
- Competitive compensation, bonus & benefits package.
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines.
- Innovative, fast paced environment surrounded by a highly motivated team that will assist in developing your skills and enabling success in your career.
- A team oriented and fun group of professionals.
Please note that while we appreciate all applications, only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Who is Capstone?
Capstone is generating our low-carbon future, driving the energy transition forward through creative thinking, strong partnerships, and a commitment to quality and integrity in how we do business. A developer, owner, and operator of clean and renewable energy projects across North America, Capstone’s portfolio includes approximately 766 MW gross installed capacity across 29 facilities, including wind, solar, hydro, biomass, and natural gas cogeneration power plants.
Please visit www.capstoneinfrastructure.com for more information.
Capstone Infrastructure Corporation is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we accommodate individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws.