Reporting to Owner’s Representative, the Electrical QA Manager. The ideal candidate will join the team during construction phase of the project and remain in a full-time role (O&M). The Project is located in Claresholm, Alberta.
Role and Key Responsibilities
- Shall be a leader in safety, upholding safety as a core value
- Actively participate in the behavior-based safety program and ensure every team member and contractor complies with all safety procedures and applicable task-oriented job safety analyses
- Ensure site safety rules are communicated and adhered to through Site Specific Orientations, JSAs and Tailboard Meetings
- Demonstrate procedural compliance in all site operation and maintenance activities by utilizing established procedures
- Facilitate and implement all daily work as the on-site Tech, including producing Reports including but not limited to Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reports
- Operate and repair site equipment, both directly and remotely
- Coordinate Switching and Curtailments with relevant local utilities and ISOs.
- Ensure site equipment is kept at the highest possible standard maximizing availability, reliability, efficiency, and profitability
- Demonstrate work planning skills, activity scheduling and follow up to assure work conformance
- Perform routine inspections – prepare oil analysis samples, safely using tools (e.g. hot sticks, multimeter and IR Camera)
- Manage contractors, ensuring quality work, completed safely and promptly
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills that include listening to other’s ideas and viewpoints, earning trust, and resolving conflict situations
- Primary point of contact for all landowners
- Maintain site vegetation management process
- Manage Spare Parts inventory
- Coordinate work on site between different contractors
- Perform the housekeeping functions and equipment cleaning necessary to maintain the site in a clean and neat condition.
- Recommend operating and/or maintenance changes that will enhance plant performance and availability
- Maintain confidentiality of all information available to the position
- Comply with all contractual and legal obligations impacting plant operation
- Support operations at other sites during unusual events (emergencies, etc.).
- Equipment operation training – contractors, other site’s employees
- Demonstrate the consistent use of Root Cause Failure Analysis techniques when solving plant abnormalities and equipment failures
- Must be able to analyze complex problems under the pressure of emergency conditions
- Use computerized Work Order, Purchase Requisition and Receiving software
- Carries out other duties as assigned
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
- Capable of frequently standing; walking; balancing, sitting; climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks, stacks and the like as required); stooping; squatting; crouching; crawling; kneeling; reaching; grasping; pushing; pulling; lifting (min. 50lbs); feeling; talking and hearing.
- Capable of performing repetitive motions as required.
- Required to have eyesight to accurately read and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and manuals.
- Must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space (crawl spaces, small enclosed areas, etc.) as required.
- Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at various heights greater than 300 feet and in adverse conditions during operations, shutdowns, and in fire/emergency activities.
- Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to – fall protection
- Physically capable of working in various plant and field conditions, including lifting, and maneuvering, and working in variable and adverse weather conditions.
- Able and willing to perform first aid and CPR
- Experience with AESO and NERC requirements, procedure writing and reporting
Education & Experience
- Technical Diploma or Trade Certificate in Electrical preferred (electrical or instrumentation controls)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Solar generation, Wind Generation, Thermal Power Plant)
- Experience implementing and overseeing projects
- Trade qualifications an asset. (HV Lineman, Electrician, Substation Tech or Controls)
How to Apply
Apply directly to: https://capstoneinfra.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=23
Applications will be accepted until a qualified pool of applicants is received.