CanREA has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, creative and enthusiastic individual to join our dynamic team as our Event Coordinator. Reporting to the Event Manager, the Event Coordinator will be responsible for the providing logistical support for several virtual and in person events taking place across the country. Events include the Electricity Transformation Conference in the fall, regional provincial member networking receptions, multiple educational events, and a variety of webinars. The candidate must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and comfortable with technology.
This is a contract role, ending February 28th, and exists by way of funding from EHRC’s Discovering Potential Program. As such, the incumbent must meet the selection criteria set out by the Program, and will be required to participate in and complete Program-related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Planning and Coordination
- Prioritize multiple tasks and projects based on strategic priority and event project plan deadlines, ensuring the event project plans remain on schedule and proactively involve the Event Manager when needed.
- Execute the details outlined within the project plans for specific events and meet all timelines as defined.
- Contribute to the development of the event communication plan through mediums such as e-newsletters, social media, and event websites.
- Provide detailed instructions in advance of events to all service providers and ensure contracts are accurately noted to include pertinent details for the event.
- Support the creation and printing of all materials needed for events, including: nametags, registration materials, on-site registration forms, on-site sales materials, schedules, scripts, PowerPoints, participant surveys etc.
- Promptly respond to phone/email inquiries regarding event-related questions.
- Provide on-site support throughout the setup, execution and wrap up of events to ensure that they run effectively and efficiently and that all stakeholder objectives are met.
- Offer direction to all event sponsors and create a positive guest experience for all involved.
- Ensure all guests/sponsors/staff are hosted with professionalism and a high degree of service throughout the event and have a positive experience and impression of the association.
Event Budget Coordination and Tracking
- Monitor event budgets, working with vendors to negotiate pricing or suggest alternative solutions to deliver a great event experience within budget.
- Accountable in ensuring the event budgets remain on track.
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, experience and skills:
- 1-2 years’ experience in project planning/event management
- Experience working with a professional association
- A university degree, relevant college diploma or completion of a recognized event planning certificate.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Keen attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication, negotiation and analytical skills required to solve a variety of problems throughout the planning and execution of events.
- Commitment to excellence and accuracy in all tasks.
- Strong project-management skills with the right blend of assertiveness and flexibility.
- Ability to manage strong, productive relationships with contractors over the short and long term, and to manage several projects at once.
- A proven ability to solve problems and make sound decisions independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The incumbent must be prepared to work additional and sometimes long hours leading up to and during major events.
- Ability to balance independence with productive teamwork, thanks to your strong work ethic, conscientiousness, time-management skills, organizational abilities, emotional intelligence and two-way communication skills.
- Work well under pressure, maintaining discretion, tact, good judgement, respect for others and a sense of humour, even when moving at top speed or adapting to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience working in a remote capacity, and continued ability to do so, is required.
Please note that CanREA has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for employees.
Our team has moved to an entirely remote working arrangement. This role requires some travel (10-15%) is anticipated.
Who We Are
The Canadian Renewable Energy Association (CanREA) works to ensure that wind energy, solar energy and energy storage play a central role in transforming Canada’s energy mix, leveraging the synergies among these technologies to provide clean, flexible, and affordable energy solutions. We are an industry association representing 300+ member companies in our advocacy work at the provincial and federal levels. CanREA is dedicated to moving the needle on legislation and regulation governing the electricity sector, to create a more sustainable future for Canada and future generations.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter indicating why you are uniquely qualified for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CanREA, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CanREA is an equal-opportunity employer with policies and practices intended to build an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please include this in your cover letter and all efforts to provide the appropriate accommodation will be put into place.