If you are in search of an exciting position in a challenging, fast-paced and entrepreneurial working environment, then we have the ideal opportunity for you. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic, growing company with a broad footprint in Canada.
Capstone Infrastructure Corporation (“Capstone”) is an independent, pure-play power producer focused on providing clean, renewable energy to homes and businesses across North America. Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Capstone currently develops, owns and operates thermal and renewable power generation facilities totalling approximately net 750 MW of installed capacity across 29 facilities in Canada.
Capstone Infrastructure Corporation is seeking a Senior Development Manager, to work with the Development Team in Canada based in either Toronto, Ontario or Calgary, Alberta. Reporting to the Vice President, Development, the Senior Development Manager will manage the development of wind, solar and battery projects from greenfield or early project phase through to NTP. The ideal candidate will have a background in the renewable energy sector in Alberta, and with strong experience with management of land acquisition, environmental assessment, permitting, and resource assessment.
Key Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Lead, provide regular reporting for, and make recommendations regarding project development activities, including:
- Land acquisition
- Environmental assessments
- Stakeholder consultation and management
- Local municipality, county, provincial, and federal permitting
- Energy assessment
- Project technical design, infrastructure siting
- Commercial and technical aspects of project interconnection
- Offtake origination and power marketing
Day to day project management, including:
- Create and execute project development plans to meet project objectives, including cost, scheduling and resources.
- Managing project budgets and projecting cash flows.
- Manage or lead interaction with a team of internal and external resources.
- Coordinate internal team functions, including engineering, procurement, and construction, legal, accounting, project finance, operations, asset management, risk management and business development.
- Writing reports and correspondence related to project development.
- Identify or originate new growth opportunities, including targeted areas for greenfield development and existing portfolios for acquisition.
- Perform and lead due diligence review of prospective development or operational asset acquisitions.
- Participate in development of company long-term acquisition, development and operation strategies and assist in implementation of these strategies.
Qualifications and Experience:
As the ideal candidate for this position, you will have:
- University degree or equivalent – bachelor’s in engineering, environmental science or related undergraduate study.
- Professional Engineering, Professional Project Management designation, or MBA an asset.
- Strong track record of successful development of Canada or US wind, solar and/or storage projects in various markets with a minimum of 7-10 years of related experience (Alberta experience an asset).
- Strong Project Management skills, highly organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Experience in managing and interacting with remote or indirect internal and external resources, including consultants, legal counsel, and contractors.
- Analytical, problem solver with the ability to work independently or in teams, and quickly learn new concepts/processes.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills and effective presentation and reporting abilities, and able to build harmonious working relationships with colleagues, advisors and the general public.
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- High proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with advanced Excel skills and the ability to manage and analyze complex financial models.
- Ability to travel as required (estimated at up to 20-30%).
- Valid driver’s licence
What Capstone Offers:
- Competitive compensation, bonus, and benefits package.
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines.
- Innovative, fast-paced environment surrounded by a highly motivated team that will assist in developing your skills and enabling success in your career.
- A team-oriented and fun group of professionals.
If you describe yourself as a proficient self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, open concept environment, please apply for this position by May 20, 2021. Please note that while we appreciate all applications, only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Capstone is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we accommodate individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws.