This is a 16 Month Contract.
If you are in search of a unique position in a challenging, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial working environment, then we have the ideal opportunity for you. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic, growing company with a broad footprint in Canada.
Capstone Infrastructure Corporation (“Capstone”) is an independent, pure-play power producer focused on providing clean, renewable energy to homes and businesses across North America. Capstone currently develops, owns, and operates thermal and renewable power generation facilities with approximately net 570 MW of installed capacity across 28 facilities in Canada.
Capstone is seeking a Project Coordinator for its construction team. The role of the Project Coordinator is to assist the Project Manager in planning and coordination of various activities of renewable energy projects from early development, throughout EPC scope development and tendering, major equipment procurement, utility interconnection, construction, and hand over to operations. This role will be based in Capstone’s Toronto office and may require some travel to and from project vendor locations in GTA and the corporate office. It might also require some travel to the project site in Alberta.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in the infrastructure sector, and particularly in renewable energy projects.
- Assist the project manager in coordination activities throughout the full life cycle of renewable energy projects from development to commercial operation
- Prepare minutes of meetings with contractors, suppliers, engineering firms and project stakeholders
- Assist in the preparation of purchase orders for contractors, engineering firms and various vendors, and coordinate with accounts payable team for payment of invoices
- Track purchase orders issued, and payments made to contractors, engineering firms and vendors by creating the necessary tracking tools using Microsoft programs
- Assist in managing vendor contracts, coordinating with vendors, reviewing invoices, developing, and maintaining project and material delivery schedules
- Assist in supporting the finance team by providing project related information and updates needed for lenders or corporate reports.
- Perform administrative duties including filing, assist in creating / updating tools and spreadsheets, data tracking, and special projects as assigned
- Develop and maintain the project documentation, tracking and file management system including correspondence, contract exhibits and technical specifications
- Schedule, facilitate, and prepare presentations and updates for meetings
- Identify operational improvements using analytical thinking and innovative tools
- Assist in project costing, EPC contractors’ proposals evaluation including technical, financial and schedule compliance
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in electrical engineering or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience in electrical installation design with knowledge/exposure to construction projects, OR
- Construction related degree/diploma and five years of electrical construction experience with knowledge in electrical design
- Minimum 5 years of renewable energy experience in the Canadian marketplace preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated project coordination skills, PMP or other project management credentials preferred.
- Demonstrated work-ethic, positive team attitude, willingness to learn and ability to work successfully both independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of scheduling, project management and suppliers contract management
- Previous experience in electrical design and specifications is an asset
- Background in electrical installations design and/renewable energy generation would be an asset
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications would be an asset
- Accuracy and attention to details is important
- Possess a quality and continuous improvement mindset
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications in particular – MS Project, MS Excel, MS Outlook,
- Minimum five years of relevant project experience
- Planning and time management skills including the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Interpersonal and communication skills
What Capstone Offers:
- Competitive compensation, bonus, and benefits package.
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines.
- Innovative, fast-paced environment surrounded by a highly motivated team that will assist in developing your skills and enabling success in your career.
- A team-oriented and fun group of professionals.
More information about our company is available at www.capstoneinfrastructure.com.
Please note that while we appreciate all applications, only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Capstone Infrastructure Corporation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.