Join the Canacre team in an exciting role working on leading edge infrastructure projects.
We are technical experts in land, energy, and transportation development delivering accurate, innovative, and agile solutions to our partners. We provide land acquisition, geospatial mapping, data management, web-based GIS, community relations, land feasibility studies, and permitting services. Canacre’s clients include developers, large scale service providers, and government entities that are involved in the planning and development of energy projects, rights of way, resources, and infrastructure across Canada and the United States. Canacre works on large-scale wind and solar power projects, high-voltage transmission lines, pipeline projects, municipal roads projects, and groupings of cellular towers and rooftop antennas.
At Canacre, we act with honesty and integrity within a culture where trust, collaboration, and teamwork flourish. We commit to diversity, inclusivity and the celebration of successes. Our vision is to foster an environment that promotes inspired and empowered team members who make an impact.
As a member of the Canacre Land Services team, the Land Agent will be primarily responsible for negotiating and acquiring agreements for projects in Alberta. Your responsibilities will also include ongoing communication with key stakeholders throughout the duration of the project (including clients, landowners and project managers) and to continuously deliver top quality communication and results.
In addition, your role will be to:
- Provide site acquisition expertise to clients and/or engineering/construction personnel
- Negotiate various types of land-use agreements with private landowners and special interest groups
- Communicate and deliver project information to landowners, special interest groups and the community as a whole
- Represent clients and Canacre in community/stakeholder meetings
- Work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Review and understand legal agreements, site plans and large-scale project layouts
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Post-secondary education, ideally in geography, GIS, land acquisition/real estate, or a business related discipline
- Land acquisition, real estate experience or familiarity with large-scale commercial construction
- Professional experience working on renewable energy projects
- Ability to work independently with a high level of self-motivation
- A committed team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong reporting and project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of land acquisition or real estate negotiation is considered an asset
- Working experience in land acquisition, real estate or familiarity with large-scale municipal commercial construction is considered an asset
- Accreditation, membership and certifications from the IRWA, REIC, OREA, AIC, NAIOP are considered an asset
Apply via www.canacre.com/careers