You are recognized for your initiative, efficiency and working knowledge of environmental regulations and regulatory review processes. You are someone who is passionate about environmental management and thrives on working in a dynamic and multi-disciplinary workplace. You would like to join a dedicated and pioneering team of experienced professionals in the renewable energy field.
Reporting to the Manager, Environment and Community Relations, you will be responsible for managing the regulatory and environmental processes of renewable energy projects. In addition to the impact assessment process, you will be responsible for applying for permits from departments and municipalities and be called upon to carry out environmental monitoring during construction. You will also be responsible for the public consultation process to achieve the project’s social acceptability. You are someone who stands out for your interpersonal skills and ability to adapt. As part of Boralex’s renewable energy project development activities, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the process for obtaining authorizations and permits, including maintaining timelines and documentation;
- Manage consultants responsible for environmental assessments and authorizations;
- Work with the development team to integrate environmental and regulatory aspects in the design and delivery of projects;
- Prepare and hold public consultation sessions;
- Meet with regulatory authorities and stakeholders from our projects’ host communities;
- Support the development team in responding to Requests for Proposals;
- Support the acquisition team in reviewing projects and portfolios for regulatory and environmental compliance;
- Take part in pan-North American review and analysis of advancements in environmental regulations.
- Master’s degree in environmental science, an asset;
- Bachelor’s degree in science, environmental studies or other relevant field;
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in the environmental field;
- Knowledge of New York State and federal authorization processes;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and similar programs;
- Ability to review and write technical reports;
- Autonomy, initiative and organizational skills;
- Leadership, strong communication, negotiation and teamwork skills;
- Experience in major project development, an asset;
- Knowledge of French, an asset.
AT BORALEX WE OFFER
- The chance to be part of growing company in the renewable energy sector;
- A dynamic team and work environment;
- Ongoing development and continuing education;
- An allowance for a membership at a sports complex of your choice;
- A retirement plan with employer contributions;
- The chance to live out your passion.
If this career opportunity is right for you, send your résumé to the following address: carriè[email protected]. If you would like to find out more, check out our website and our Facebook and LinkedIn pages.