Application deadline: 2021-06-18
Expected start date: 2021-06-21
BayWa r.e. is looking for a positive, responsible, detail-oriented professional to fill the role of Buyer. This is an exciting opportunity to further your career by working in the growing solar industry with a global leader in renewable energy. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work with a high attention to detail in a busy and exciting environment, helping procure the solar PV components that drive our industry.
- Working within our ERP system to track, plan, and procure inventory
- Place purchase orders and track their lead times continuously
- Work with the sales and logistics team to keep lead times updated
- Attend trade shows and maintain relationships with vendors
- Organize relevant pricing and technical information for the rest of the team to access easily
- Communicate with sales team regarding slow-moving inventory
- Meet or exceed KPI’s around inventory turns and stock-outs
- University degree in business administration or diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Ideally 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Business English as a must (other languages, Mandarin, Korean, French, German are a strong asset)
- Strong skills in demand planning and procurement
- Solid knowledge of the Canadian energy/renewable energy market would be an advantage
- Communication and self-organization skills, a hands-on mentality
- Attention to detail and a self-starter
About the Company
BayWa r.e. Solar Systems Inc. is a wholesale solar PV distribution company based in Edmonton, AB. Founded in 2014, we provide high-quality industry-leading solar PV system components for off-grid and grid-connected systems to professional installers and contractors around the country, along with the knowledge and experience to keep our customers competitive.
BayWa r.e. is a progressive workplace, and an equal opportunity employer.
As a rapidly growing company, and a part of a global leader with a presence in over 20 countries, BayWa r.e. will provide an incredible opportunity for growth in an exciting industry. We value hard-working and motivated employees who are eager to learn, and we want someone that brings a positive energy and attention to detail to our sales and marketing division.
More about the role
The position is full-time, with some flexibility around specific hours, We offer competitive pay based on experience, and comprehensive benefits for full-time employees including health and dental
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Purchasing: 1 year (preferred)
- English plus any second language (preferred)
To apply for this position, please apply online by June 18, 2021.